Ads Targeting Air Charter

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
If you wanted to market a product/service to air charter companies, where would you place ads? What trade shows would you attend?

Right now I am thinking NBAA publications and maybe - executive controller.

AIN publication

If you wanted to market a product/service to air charter companies, where would you place ads? What trade shows would you attend?

Right now I am thinking NBAA publications and maybe - executive controller.

Business and Commercial Aviation (magazine)

Thanks, that seems promising. To clarify, we are trying to reach pilots or administrators in small to medium sized organizations that operate multiple aircraft.

Which of their publications would be most effective - I am assuming the monthly? Maybe jet traveler?

Would you put AIN ahead of NBAA?

Last edited:
Unless the owners are also the pilots, you're advertising to two totally different markets that are motivated by totally different criteria. For example, the pilots like FBO's with pretty girls, nice digs, fancy crew cars, sumptious crew lounges, free wine and steaks.

Owners like those with cheap fuel prices.

Be sure you identify your target market accordingly.

Thanks, that seems promising. To clarify, we are trying to reach pilots or administrators in small to medium sized organizations that operate multiple aircraft.

Which of their publications would be most effective - I am assuming the monthly? Maybe jet traveler?

Would you put AIN ahead of NBAA?

Well I guess I would like to get the attention of both,

Product is an inexpensive iPad app designed to be customizable and distribute company docs, company manuals, aircraft docs and checklists, performance charts from "home base" to multiple pilots 'on the go'. It's low cost and easy to setup.. A non-IT person can run the whole thing. A smaller operation with no IT pros or servers can still have their own app.

It's useful in conjunction with an EFB app... Use the jepp app for all of your charts, plates and then have this app to keep all company manuals, aircraft documents, rosters, travel itineraries and trip sheets further reducing the amount of paper.

I have some screenshots of a demo I set up for a local business that operates about 10 aircraft but don't want to post because it has their company logo etc..

Last edited:
One option is to get a hold of some examples of your target audience, and just ask them. Explain what you are doing, and simply ask what medium/publication would have gotten there attention the best.

I might be your target audience. We have 260 pilots and 58 aircraft. We use iPads for all company docs. We use PDF Expert to push all the docs and pubs to our pilots. I pads are locked down with Mobile Iron app.

Thanks. I have not used pdf expert but this product supports .pdf and a whole bunch of other file types. .doc, video files etc..It is a 'push' product, designed to keep clients (pilots) ipad's in sync with home base. It also works on a PC as you can download a client program for pc as well.

Captain, if you were to place an ad targeting administrators in your company who decide these things (what software to use, company policy etc) where would you do it? Right now NBAA is looking pretty good

Last edited:
Back