ADS-B fail

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have not followed any of the ADS-B installation threads but now a friend is having a problem.
Had an Appareo unit installed by a dealer.
Dealer says the installation tests fine.
Mfg says the device is not defective.
FAA says the installation is not broadcasting, following several test flights above 10K, >30mins, in Class C airspace.

No one wants to help him, no one can figure this out.
$5K and he is cut loose. Not to mention there are now only days left to get his rebate.

Right now he wants to never buy or recommend an Appareo and the same glowing recommendation for the installer. However the problem could be the FAA equipment?
Approach says they "cannot see his ads-b."

I don't know anything about it, but thought you guys might.

Have him give me a call at 352-427-0285. I'll see if I can help him over the phone. I have installed dozens of these units and have only ever had 1 fail, and the rest work absolutely seamlessly. Also, the first time it is used he need to manually turn it into ALT mode. If it stays in Standby mode, it will do exactly what he is seeing. We had that happen once. It need to be turned into ALT mode just once, then it will automatically switch between ALT and GND mode.

On an installer note, I never let a plane leave my shop without a short flight test and a passing performance report.

I have not followed any of the ADS-B installation threads but now a friend is having a problem.
Had an Appareo unit installed by a dealer.
Dealer says the installation tests fine.
Mfg says the device is not defective.
FAA says the installation is not broadcasting, following several test flights above 10K, >30mins, in Class C airspace.

No one wants to help him, no one can figure this out.
$5K and he is cut loose. Not to mention there are now only days left to get his rebate.

Right now he wants to never buy or recommend an Appareo and the same glowing recommendation for the installer. However the problem could be the FAA equipment?
Approach says they "cannot see his ads-b."

I don't know anything about it, but thought you guys might.
Where are you located?

Back