Adobe Acrobat install in Win7

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
I installed Acrobat 9 Standard on a new laptop running on Win 7. Everything loaded fine, everything works fine, and the registration process went fine. But when I check for updates I get the following message:

"The update server is not responding which means it might be offline at the moment, or the internet firewall settings my be incorrect. Please try again later".

I have added Acrobat 9 (specifically acrobat.exe) to the allowed programs in Windows Firewall. Is there maybe a different sub-program that needs access for the update to work?

Help appreciated...I'm definitely NOT a computer guru...and know just enough to be dangerous.

Oh, I'm on satellite internet if that matters.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tim, but I couldn't find a file labeled similarly to this.

I did disable the firewall to no avail.

In that case, Adobe may well be down at the moment. Otherwise I'd think that your ISP might be blocking something.

This is the typical computer (PC) chit (from an operator who is too dumb to figure it out)

I bought two identical laptops as described above. I installed Acrobat 9 Standard on both.

The first one gives me the message listed above.

I installed the program on the second one this morning and it updated fine, no hitches at all. I didn't have to adjust any settings, disable the firewall, or add adobe as an allowed program, nothing, just installed it and it updated fine.

So I uninstalled and reinsalled the first one and it does the same thing...gives me message listed above.

Both computers are sitting here in my office connected to the same network...........................

WTF?

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess your right...I'm sure they'll speak really fluent English too!

Actually, I found it in their knowledge base "disable the wireless adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport."

Found it, disabled it, it worked. Updating now.

Why I didn't have to do it to my other machine??..........

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess your right...I'm sure they'll speak really fluent English too!

Actually, I found it in their knowledge base "disable the wireless adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport."

Found it, disabled it, it worked. Updating now.

Now that is bizarro! :crazy: Blame Microsoft, I guess.

Why I didn't have to do it to my other machine??..........

Ummmmm.... Get a Mac? :rofl:

Back