Adjusting Century 21 Autopilot to make heading align with HDG bug

Baron62

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Baron62
I recently had a Garmin G5 HSI installed and connected to the C21 AP. It works great, but the aircraft magnetic heading is off by 3-5 degrees from where the HDG bug is set. I saw that WannFly had the same issue on the earlier Century model of AP and the technician flew with him and adjusted it in flight with a screw driver to resolve. Has anybody done this with the C21?

Just found my answer. Remove front cover plate and adjust screws. Also describes bank angle adjustments Arkvet was looking for.
upload_2018-3-22_11-20-49.png

under this small cover plate
upload_2018-3-22_11-41-53.png

Yupp , I didn’t wanted to turn screws and fly the plane at the same time. From what I was told, he adjusted what the the Auto Pilot thought was the new level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This adjustment process does work, but you definietly need a smooth day to adjust accurately.

I tried making adjustments to the AP in smooth air, and it didn't seem to change anything, and the action of the AP was erratic. I'm going to have the AP unit sent to Autopilots Central for diagnostics.

I tried making adjustments to the AP in smooth air, and it didn't seem to change anything, and the action of the AP was erratic. I'm going to have the AP unit sent to Autopilots Central for diagnostics.

get a quote first, sometimes their lets us check it out quote is more than or very close to new digital AP

I had a Century 21 in my Archer which didn't work at all and sent it back to Century in Mineral Wells. It did work after that but would still drift back and forth some regardless if holding a heading or tracking. Eventually dumped it for a TruTrak. Night and day comparison.

OP save the hassle and get a TT or GFC 500 (though shall now run AND hide)

Back