Adieu, Gentlefolk

HEy, in defense of SZ, it's a lot of fun if you approach it with the right attitude. It can be a little addictive, but if you remember that it's just a bunch of pilots whose opinions you'll never change, it's no problem. A good way to get stuff off one's chest.

Some do take it too far, but MC has done a good job taking care of them.

And now, back to the Ray Lovefest!! :D:D:D
I approach it with the perfect attitude. Scott, Rev and William are always wrong and I'm always right.

:D

Thank you all for your kind words. Some old, deep wounds were opened, things I like to keep in a dark closet. Shining a light on them hurts. You are all correct about the spin zone. I'm a pilot, not a politician. So if you don't mind, I'll hang around, but in the pilot sections. Thanks again. Ray
Excellent! I was gonna tell ya that, heck, I p*ss off almost EVERYONE when I post in the spin zone! You can't let that run you off! (else a beanie-head like myself wouldn't ever get to post anywhere! :eek:)

Glad you're sticking around, man! :yes:

Excellent! I was gonna tell ya that, heck, I p*ss off almost EVERYONE when I post in the spin zone! You can't let that run you off! (else a beanie-head like myself wouldn't ever get to post anywhere! :eek:)

Glad you're sticking around, man! :yes:

Thanks, Tom. As far as your posts, I can't recall one I didn't pretty well agree with and don't EVER remember a discourteous post. :cheerswine:

FWIW, I have not posted in (nor looked at) Spin Zone in a long, long time. I think I was losing respect by posting my views there and riling up people got a bit old (I think that makes me a troll of sorts).

I've been a lot less stressed when I come to PoA now that I don't have to worry about jumping on illegal immigrants every time I come here :D

Thanks, Tom. As far as your posts, I can't recall one I didn't pretty well agree with and don't EVER remember a discourteous post. :cheerswine:
Tom's always been pretty cool on here. We've disagreed a few times. But, I try to limit such disagreements with one who carries a weapon for a living. :D

Excellent! I was gonna tell ya that, heck, I p*ss off almost EVERYONE when I post in the spin zone!
Boy, ain't that the truth!!! :p

Ray, much of it comes from the relative anonymity of online forums. I used to think Tom was pretty annoying, but my opinion of him improved greatly after meeting him at the first RDU BBQ! :):drink:

-Rich

Ray, much of it comes from the relative anonymity of online forums. I used to think Tom was pretty annoying, but my opinion of him improved greatly after meeting him at the first RDU BBQ! :):drink:

-Rich

Astute observation, Rich, and as I see it, dead on the money. This can be fun, yes, but it was always more fun hangar flying in a real hangar with the other pilots right in front of you. If nothing else that eliminates the need for these smilies. Folks misread those about half the time, anyway.

-Rich

That's a great point, Rich. I dislike Scott a lot less now that I met him at KJVL! :D:D:D

But you raise a great point. I've always believed that I wouldn't say anything in SZ that I wouldn't say to someone while sitting together at a bar. While I haven't met many PoAers yet, the fact that this group seems to have a lot of opportunities to get together makes it unique, and takes away the anonymity that many people use to enable their rudeness. I think that's a great thing.

Now if we only had hats to identify ourselves at, oh, I don't know, OSH? (hint, hint)

Now if we only had hats to identify ourselves at, oh, I don't know, OSH? (hint, hint)
I wore my PoA hat to Oshkosh! (Well, it may heve been Leslie's, but you get the idea!) Have you looked on eBay yet? There may be some on the collector's market there.

Let's see, who did I meet at OSH...

Tom Sisk, Greg Bockelman, Grant and Leslie, Bill Williams, Kent (but I'd met him already), Diana, Tim Metzinger (he was wearing his PoA hat, as I recall), Kim, Pete Von Treskow, Jay Honeck, Jay Maynard... I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. I know in total I've probably met several dozen of you all, between the Fly-B-Q, OSH, and then flying down to KLOM just for fun on another occasion.

Putting faces with names is a great thing. :yes:

Well, Tom, with you handing out straight lines like that, I couldn't resist! :cheerswine:

Astute observation, Rich, and as I see it, dead on the money. This can be fun, yes, but it was always more fun hangar flying in a real hangar with the other pilots right in front of you. If nothing else that eliminates the need for these smilies. Folks misread those about half the time, anyway.

Those smilies are about the best we can do, Ray, in an online forum. Researchers have estimated about 7% of communication effectiveness comes from the words themselves; the rest is tone of voice (38%) and body language (55%).

-Rich

Let's see, who did I meet at OSH...

Tom Sisk, Greg Bockelman, Grant and Leslie, Bill Williams, Kent (but I'd met him already), Diana, Tim Metzinger (he was wearing his PoA hat, as I recall), Kim, Pete Von Treskow, Jay Honeck, Jay Maynard... I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. I know in total I've probably met several dozen of you all, between the Fly-B-Q, OSH, and then flying down to KLOM just for fun on another occasion.

Putting faces with names is a great thing. :yes:
Ted, it was great meeting you! :yes: I wish there would have been more time to visit. I also enjoyed meeting Tim for the first time too. :yes: Wish you guys would have had time to stay and have dinner with us and come to our campsite after the presentation.

I have a few pictures of you guys together.

Ted, it was great meeting you! :yes: I wish there would have been more time to visit. I also enjoyed meeting Tim for the first time too. :yes: Wish you guys would have had time to stay and have dinner with us and come to our campsite after the presentation.

I have a few pictures of you guys together.

Diana, it was great meeting you as well! Next year hopefully we can get more time to visit. Or, you can do another tour up to Williamsport, there's always a spot for your Citabria next to our hangar... so long as your plane has the right engine, of course. ;)

I'd love to see the pictures, any chance you could upload them or eMail them?

Nothing more boring than a bunch of guys agreeing with each other all the time.

Diana, it was great meeting you as well! Next year hopefully we can get more time to visit. Or, you can do another tour up to Williamsport, there's always a spot for your Citabria next to our hangar... so long as your plane has the right engine, of course. ;)

I'd love to see the pictures, any chance you could upload them or eMail them?

Sure! I'll work on them this morning. A few of them were a little bit blurry. And I need to check with Missa before making some of them public. :)

... in an online forum. Researchers have estimated about 7% of communication effectiveness comes from the words themselves; the rest is tone of voice (38%) and body language (55%).
-Rich

See, IRL I'm actually quite lovable. :D

Back