ADHD Neurologist question

Lhatt

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Lhatt
Do you have to use the neurologists listed on the FAA website for ADHD cogscreen testing?

You don't start with COGSCREEN. That's putting the cart before the horse. You need to be talking to an experienced HIMS AME (there are a couple here). You then go to one of the listed HIMS Neuropsychs. There's a whole battery of tests that person will want to see including COGSCREEN AE.

Ok, even though Ive already seen a regular AME? Got the 2nd class medical then got the "need more info" letter from the FAA requesting an evaluation.

You got an AME to issue you with an ADHD diagnosis? Or you mean he deferred you. If the former, you may be looking for a new AME next time.
You must use the FAA approved neuropsychs.

Well, if you use a community psychologist, you won't be scored against the age matched aviators and the outcome could be gibberish to the Federal Air surgeon.

Ok got it. Yes, the AME issued me the medical without the diagnosis. I had docs and letter from prescribing physician on the history, when I stopped, etc. That was early Feb. In May I got the letter that it wasn't denied, asking for more info about another drug I had taken, isotretinoin for acne. Nothing about ADHD. I responded within two weeks with doctors note. Then I just got another letter yesterday asking for a personal statement on the isotretinoin and an ADHD eval. Not sure why they didn't ask me for the eval back in May that would have been great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back