ADHD Medical Records

A

Anonymous

Hi all, was expectedly deferred a few weeks ago. Have a historic ADHD diagnosis and was prepared for this. Have not taken medications for a little less than a year at this point and not noticing any changes (actually recently got a promotion from work, maybe I should have stopped earlier?).

My AME has been helpful and gave me a sheet of what all to expect to gather for the FAA whenever their request comes. I just had a quick question with regard to the medical records.

Per the sheet from my AME, I should expect to submit "all medical records documenting prior diagnosis or treatment for ADHD, including dates of treatment or evaluation and name, dosage, and dates the medications were started and stopped."

I was able to find the electronic records from 10 years ago for my "diagnosis" from our family medical practice, but it doesn't mention anything other than I started taking Adderall. No visit notes or specifics. Is that going to be an issue? Do I need to write a note to the FAA explaining that that was the only record or do they have other ways of checking that I may not have??

Looking through other records and not seeing any mention of ADHD or Medications, I am assuming I don't need to have those records gathered and printed off?

Thanks everyone!

That's all I have for you, but it might help to know that if one of the docs checks in. There are threads on this already, you can get an idea what you may be in for from them.

You'll see a pattern in the advice, which is to get all the document sorted and have an idea as to whether you'll be approved or not before you have the exam. But that ship has sailed. Hopefully one of our docs who help people out here will chime in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back