ADHD & Anxiety deferral timeline?

A

Anon

I have a history of ADHD and Anxiety. I met with my AME last fall for a 3rd class medical consultation and he suggested I get the ADHD test battery completed before applying in an effort to speed up the deferral process; he noted that a psychiatric eval may or may not be necessary and to see what the FAA wants to save money. I completed the battery and came back with positive results to my next appointment where we submitted my medexpress.

The timeline so far:
12/3/20 Med express submitted

12/28/20 Received demand letter asking for doctors notes and records for both diagnosis

1/28/20 Diagnosing physician wrote letter detailing diagnoses, meds, prognosis, etc. Mailed info to FAA

1/29/21 FAA received past records, doctors notes, and ADHD evaluation

Today 3/28/21: Still under review..

I’ve called numerous times and while the folks on the phone are super nice, the response is always “could be any day” “I’ll have a supervisor check on it” “better luck next week”

Does anyone have an approximate timeline for how long these have been taking? I’m tempted to just got get a psych eval because I’m tired of waiting.

How about for people on the SSRI decision path 2? Is it currently a 4-6 month turnaround time once all paperwork/testing has been sent to OKC?
3 Months as a very recent data point.

Can I ask how extensive your ADHD history was? I was diagnosed more than ten years ago and haven’t taken medication since then. I think I do have ADHD but I have gotten really good at managing it. I’m trying to figure out if their is hope for my case and if it’s worth shelling out +$3000 for the evaluation to get a SI.

Can I ask how extensive your ADHD history was? I was diagnosed more than ten years ago and haven’t taken medication since then. I think I do have ADHD but I have gotten really good at managing it. I’m trying to figure out if their is hope for my case and if it’s worth shelling out +$3000 for the evaluation to get a SI.

Contact Dr. Chien. He can advise.

ADHD was the easy part.. just do well on the test. The anxiety is what they didn’t like in my case, but all in it only took 5 months after I submitted my medexpress (no psychiatric exam needed). I received an unrestricted 3rd class. YRMV if you’re apply for a 1st class

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back