"Adequate Facilities"

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
A shot in the dark as I check other sources:

The AME Handbook indicates that, in addition to certain equipment, an AME must have "adequate facilities for performing the required examinations." I received an inquiry whether there has been any interpretation of what is considered "adequate." Size, separation, etc.

The AME Handbook indicates that, in addition to certain equipment, an AME must have "adequate facilities for performing the required examinations." I received an inquiry whether there has been any interpretation of what is considered "adequate." Size, separation, etc.

I think they don't want AMEs performing physicals in the lobby of the FBO.

I think they don't want AMEs performing physicals in the lobby of the FBO.

They do however allow you to set up a dedicated office in rented space on the airport. You need to have a separate space and the ability to perform the required testing.

They do however allow you to set up a dedicated office in rented space on the airport. You need to have a separate space and the ability to perform the required testing.

Sure, that would work. I don't think the FAA wants to encourage journeyman DPEs showing up, doing a bunch of exams and then heading on to the next airport. They also want the ability to show up to the office unannounced and inspect the facility, make sure the equipment is to specs, check paperwork, etc.

Sure, that would work. I don't think the FAA wants to encourage journeyman DPEs showing up, doing a bunch of exams and then heading on to the next airport. They also want the ability to show up to the office unannounced and inspect the facility, make sure the equipment is to specs, check paperwork, etc.

That is my understanding.

Years ago we had one of those 'roving AMEs' in the upper midwest. He had fertility clinics in 6 states and covered them using a T210. If you needed a medical you met him in the conference room of the FBO.

I used to go to one guy who had a single office/exam room in his hangar.

At one if my FBOs, about 5 yrs ago, they had an AME that would come by once a month and use one of their conf rooms. I don't know if they still do that, but he was a local guy that did have a real office.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back