Adel clamp

How do you pronounce "ADEL?"

Any way you want.

I have a friend who was born in Poland. His name has 25 letters in it, only 3 of them vowels. Whenever anyone asks him how it's pronounced he says "Smith".

That's what I found out yesterday. I've been saying "A"dell forever. Yesterday I was told "a" DELL.

But then, yesterday I also found out how strong 5/16's steel chain is. VERY! I wrapped a length around a stout tree.......the other to the trailer hitch of my Suburban.......and pulled that sucker right out of the ground.

My back thanks me!

That's what I found out yesterday. I've been saying "A"dell forever. Yesterday I was told "a" DELL.

Everyone around here says A dell (with a long A)...I've never heard it pronounced with a short a.

I knew a girl who spelled her name Adel ... pronounced it ahDELL ... but I've always heard the clamp referred to as AY-DELL

Last edited:
A-dell with long A since I've been around airplanes.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

The airlines (at least the one I worked at) as well as the folks at Boeing seem to think it is a-DELL.

Jim

After I finished my '10, I called them G*d D**n freakin' knuckle bustin' sons-o-guns.

Putting 2 together on a buried engine mount tab with a lock washer and a metal lock nut, FF^&^(*&)(*_))GD()))###$@!! I mean put some bleeding zip ties on it and send it back out on the line.

Back