Address on certificate

jason

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Jason W (FlyNE)
I'm preparing for the eventuality of my first checkride in over 15 years. In doing so, I was looking at my certificate and noticed that it has my old (3+ years ago) address on it. I'm aware of 14 CFR 61.60...and I've verified that my current address is the one listed in the airman database. It's just my physical certificate that has the old address on it.

I can't find anything that says that my certificate must show the proper (current) address, but I just wanted to double check with all of you. I'm not going to have problems with the examiner, am I?

Order a new one - aren't they $2.00? - copy the application or print it off the computer...then IF the DE asks, whip it out to show your good faith attempt to comply. (Don't volunteer the copy.)

Good luck with checkride!

You won't have a problem with the examiner. But you will when the FAA receives the paperwork submitted from the DE. If you're at all concerned of having your address shown on your card, simply submit a map of how to find your home.

You won't have a problem with the examiner. But you will when the FAA receives the paperwork submitted from the DE. If you're at all concerned of having your address shown on your card, simply submit a map of how to find your home.

I guess I don't get what you're saying. Why would there be a problem when he submits the paperwork? And what does a map do? It is correct in the airman database.

Order a new one - aren't they $2.00? - copy the application or print it off the computer...then IF the DE asks, whip it out to show your good faith attempt to comply. (Don't volunteer the copy.)

Good luck with checkride!

Comply with what?

I guess I don't get what you're saying. Why would there be a problem when he submits the paperwork? And what does a map do? It is correct in the airman database.

I don't understand either. Your application will have your correct address on it. THAT is what will be on the new certificate. I have no idea what Richard is talking about.

It's fine. Move along folks.

Will his certificate have an actual print of the map, or just a url? :)

Back