address change for medical cert.

• Thread starter Address challenged
  • Start date
A

Address challenged

For a long time I have had a mailing address that is in a different town from my residential addres. Mainly a residential address didn’t get mail, and the local po box was mixing up my mail with my fathers. No big deal. Well now I’m trying to get into the FRZ!!! And all the id have to have the same address. My drivers license is my residential and my state mails stuff to my po box. My airmen’s cert is also my my residential address( I recently changed this) My medical card has the po box. I am told my staff at KCGS they need to be the same but can’t seem to find a way to update my medical cert address.
I don’t want to wait until my next medical ( 1 yr) to change it.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/update_address/

and I was this close to sending you to lmgtfy

And a google search for both "pilot license change of address" and "medical certificate change of address" goes to same result.

I did that when I updated for airmen cert. I got the new airmen cert card with the right address. so I’m thinking that if I request a new copy of my medical cert the address will be updated. I hope. For 2 bucks it’s worth the shot.

I had the exact same situation when I went through the FRZ application last year. Fretted about it, put down both addresses, explained the situation to the office at one of the MD3, expected to be told they needed them to be the same and that I was out of luck until I fixed it, but that never happened. I have a vague memory of being told it was a non-issue, but in any case, I never did the official change of address for it. Maybe they have gotten stricter about this, or maybe it depends on the office that is doing your vetting. Good luck.

I had the exact same situation when I went through the FRZ application last year. Fretted about it, put down both addresses, explained the situation to the office at one of the MD3, expected to be told they needed them to be the same and that I was out of luck until I fixed it, but that never happened. I have a vague memory of being told it was a non-issue, but in any case, I never did the official change of address for it. Maybe they have gotten stricter about this, or maybe it depends on the office that is doing your vetting. Good luck.

That’s refreshing to hear. Maybe I’ll just send it along with a nice explanation and see what happens. The med cert is a signed document so I doubt that is easy to change. Thanks!!!

That’s refreshing to hear. Maybe I’ll just send it along with a nice explanation and see what happens. The med cert is a signed document so I doubt that is easy to change. Thanks!!!
Agreed, not easy at all to change. (Mine was BasicMed at the time so perhaps somewhat easier, but still not trivial.) But I would not take my story as definitive evidence that it will not be an issue. I'd ask the MD3 office you will be working with - they have the most reliable and current information on this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back