Addison, TX PIREPS

I might be flying a charitable pup mission to KADS in near future which is why I was asking about the landing fees. Thanks, Spike, I will try to call him.

When I flew a pup mission to KIWS, the girls at the counter were not exactly friendly. Heck, what am I saying, they were downright unfriendly. It was obvious that they were forced to work the weekend. No manager on staff so I was stuck with the outright bit*hy girl who seemed like she would have called the SWAT team on me if I took off without paying a pointless fee.
If you guys have a name of the manager who might be reasonable and loves dogs, that might be a solution to the bad CSR problem.

Back on topic: any good eating at KADS while I'm there?

Another +1 for KRBD being a good choice for Dallas airports once their construction is complete.

The bad news is that Addison in general (not just the airport) suffers from being not-quite-dallas and non-quite-plano. It's a tweener place. And I mean that to sound exactly as negative as it reads. When you're surrounded by it, you have to aspire to be like it.

The West side of the Metroplex is much more relaxed.

I'll grab my popcorn now.

I might be flying a charitable pup mission to KADS in near future which is why I was asking about the landing fees. Thanks, Spike, I will try to call him.

When I flew a pup mission to KIWS, the girls at the counter were not exactly friendly. Heck, what am I saying, they were downright unfriendly. It was obvious that they were forced to work the weekend. No manager on staff so I was stuck with the outright bit*hy girl who seemed like she would have called the SWAT team on me if I took off without paying a pointless fee.
If you guys have a name of the manager who might be reasonable and loves dogs, that might be a solution to the bad CSR problem.

Back on topic: any good eating at KADS while I'm there?
I don't think there are any restaurants on the field but the local area has every restaurant you can think of. MillionAir has crew cars but I'm not sure how that works after you have just asked them to waive the ramp fee. :D

LOL ... I'll bring a sandwich then. ;)

Also, I had to google "tweener". Not exactly what I imagined bit close enough. :lol: I am getting old.

Does anyone know whether any FBO at KADS will waive their landing fee for Compassion (charity) flights? I know that the a-holes at KIWS won't, with pretty darn good prejudice.

ive flown in to KIWS a hundred times and never been charged a fee.

I'm based in Addison and it's sad that everyone is so against using our airport. The airport really caters to the business jets -- we dont even have self-service fuel. That being said, I live and work 2 minutes from the airport, so being based here is a no-brainer.

I've flown to KADS VFR and IFR. Either way is pretty easy with FF. Sometimes I go through the B when VFR and sometimes not - I usually let ATC decide where they want me.

As you might expect, ADS-B traffic works pretty well even for non ADS-B out-equipped aircraft around there. It has come in handy for quickly spotting traffic.

Call and talk to a boss (not the very nice, but not-empowered counter girls) at MillionAir. Bet they come through for you.

If not, PM me.

For a while Angel Flight South Central officed at ADS Millionaire. They've discounted gas for me on Angel Flights in the past.

ADS is kind of scary for me, I'd hate to lose an engine right over downtown Dallas.

When I fly to Dallas I like that FBO with the big canopy at Love Field, and flying into to Love you have at least slight chance of not killing too many bystanders if you lose an engine.

I know the guy who put his Bonanza in a field after taking off from Austin Bergstrom this work. He had a happy outcome landing in a flat field. Good thing he didn't take off from KADS towards downtown.

If you're all about saving $, I recommend Airport Dallas. Yes you'll have to taxi into the grass and it may be a little bumpy, but I've been in there in many retractable gear a/c and never had a problem. Just pick an open tie down in the grass on the east side and hopefully you wont have any issues.
there is no FBO, just grab your bags, and go walk to the road to the east. Then use your phone to call Uber or Lyft. It will work perfectly. Please walk over to the street.

DO NOT tell the driver to drive into the airport! It is that type of thing that leads to the obnoxious "locking down" of all airports.

DO NOT fly in to Airpark Dallas at night (unless you're quite familiar with doing it in the day time).

I fly to the Dallas metroplex regularly. If I'm going to Dallas it's always KRBD. If far North, KDTO, on the west side, KFWS. I don't recommend KFWS though as they charge a landing fee. I happen to have a friend their who owns a hanger and he doesn't charge me a landing fee ;-)

I have been into KADS but would certainly stay away from MillionAir, I don't trust those line boys moving my Mooney around shuffling airplanes. Mooney's don't turn well on the ground.

....on the west side, KFWS. I don't recommend KFWS though as they charge a landing fee. I happen to have a friend their who owns a hanger and he doesn't charge me a landing fee

??? I've never been charged any fees at KFWS. Who charged you the fee? How much?

I fly to the Dallas metroplex regularly. If I'm going to Dallas it's always KRBD. If far North, KDTO, on the west side, KFWS. I don't recommend KFWS though as they charge a landing fee. I happen to have a friend their who owns a hanger and he doesn't charge me a landing fee ;-)

I have been into KADS but would certainly stay away from MillionAir, I don't trust those line boys moving my Mooney around shuffling airplanes. Mooney's don't turn well on the ground.

I've never been charged a fee at FWS

Back