Addison restaurants

StanN45

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
StanN45
I'm taking a hop down to Addison (KADS) on Thursday. Anybody know a good place to eat close by. Anything on the airport?

You can get anything you want at Addison restaurants.;)

Nothing on the field, but Addison surely must have more restaurants per square mile than anyplace else!

What kind of food and atmosphere are you after?

Nothing on the field, but Addison surely must have more restaurants per square mile than anyplace else!

What kind of food and atmosphere are you after?

Nothing in mind yet, I've just never been there before and didn't know if the restaurants were close by or if a drive was in order. If they are close, we're not too particular.

Really, nothing truly "walk" distance, but literally hundreds in a short drive (like, 5 minutes or less), and the FBOs have crew cars they'll lend.

Some great choices,but you need a car.

Get ready... Landing fee is $45 but they will give you a top of the line Mercedes to cruise around in.
And set your GPS for Addison road. Turn right or left. Doesn't matter, it s just restaurant after restaurant for miles.
If you're suuuuper hungry and the landing fee didn't bankrupt you, Fogo De Chao (https://fogodechao.com/)

Don't go to the Magic Time Machine unless you want an STD. Sounds fun on paper but it is skanky
Outback steakhouse is about a 1/4 mile from the airport.
Gloria's is always good for quality Tex Mex.

But really, just start driving a direction and you will find whatever you want.
I'd do Glorias. That place is gooooood.

Also, what time should we meet you?
Visitor buys ;)

One more thing. I assume you are a good talented pilot that does his homework but here's a "just in case".
You can't call up tower and land, you have to call DFW approach enroute and get handed off.
I think they mention that in the ATIS.

Last edited:
Don't go to the Magic Time Machine unless you want an STD. Sounds fun on paper but it is skanky.

Awww, The Magic Time Machine was awesome back in the day! That was my go-to expensive date place n high school!

Addison Road south to Beltline. Then right or left.

If you're in a hurry there's a good bar/pub place right there on Addison. Duke's Ice House (Hole in the wall) The stuff on Beltline is better.

Sambuca's is good for dinner. Loads of good options at Beltline and the tollroad (that's about 5 min drive)

Awww, The Magic Time Machine was awesome back in the day! That was my go-to expensive date place n high school!

Its bad man. We took the kids over the summer.
I don't think it has been cleaned since you were in high school.

It's not Addison Road, it's Beltline. Duh.

You're right. I was a cook at outback in high school.
That and Sambuca were the only restaurants on addison road at the time.
Oh and The filling station!!! remember that place?

Funny thing: The Magic Time Machine is in the building which used to be the one-room schoolhouse for the farms in teh area. It was closed already when my dad started taking me out to see Addison in the late 60s. Belt Line was two lanes, and MTM was there out in the middle of no-freakin'-where.

I know it is supposed to cool off a bit by then, but if you're leaving soon after lunch & expect it to be kinda bumpy, you might try something light yet good like the nearby Pei Wei or Paradise Bakery & Cafe just to name a couple.

Don't go to the Magic Time Machine unless you want an STD. Sounds fun on paper but it is skanky

20 years later and now I figured out what happened prom night. Why didn't you tell me back then!

Seriously though we went there a few time back in the 90's and thought it was a good place to go. Hadn't been back since high school though.

Blue Goose brisket tacos...

Addison has every restaurant known to man, or woman.

Get ready... Landing fee is $45 but they will give you a top of the line Mercedes to cruise around in.

Million Air or Atlantic? Are they both that expensive?

Gloria's is always good for quality Tex Mex.

But really, just start driving a direction and you will find whatever you want.
I'd do Glorias. That place is gooooood.

Sounds like Gloria's is the place!

Also, what time should we meet you?
Visitor buys ;)

Should be there just before noon.

One more thing. I assume you are a good talented pilot that does his homework but here's a "just in case".
You can't call up tower and land, you have to call DFW approach enroute and get handed off.
I think they mention that in the ATIS.

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it! I'm assuming I'll get the appropriate hand offs using flight following. No guarantees there I know, but I'm hoping for the best. I'm going down with a buddy that has been in there many times, so I'm sure he can show the ropes.

hahah So Millionaire was $25 a couple years ago.
I landed, paid, and then I went back a month later and it was $45

I said why did the fee go up? She said well the other FBOs were charging $45 so we upped our price.

SMH

They said "We will waive the fee if you buy 15 gallons of fuel"
It was $8/gal at the time. No thanks.

"When in Rome" I suppose.......

Glad someone mentioned that. Scratching Addison off my list of places I'm even mildly interested in landing at on my dime. Seriously. F-that noise.

I went to Addison once and paid the fee just because Million Air was providing new Jags as courtesy cars. I figured it was the only way I'd ever be able to afford to drive one. In the end the Jag wasn't that impressive but the warm cookies at the FBO were good

Gary

I went to Addison once and paid the fee just because Million Air was providing new Jags as courtesy cars. I figured it was the only way I'd ever be able to afford to drive one. In the end the Jag wasn't that impressive but the warm cookies at the FBO were good

Gary

That's how they get you. Come to the dark side. We have cookies. ;)

If you're suuuuper hungry and the landing fee didn't bankrupt you, Fogo De Chao (https://fogodechao.com/)

I went there exactly once. In Vegas of all places - got dragged along to a helicopter conference and that was the dinner afterwards. I have never eaten so much meat before in my life. I am actually planning to take the fiancee there in a week or two, how much have their prices changed? I heard it was around 50 a person but again, the food speaks for itself! And the quantity!

Following this thread... so if a place/time is decided, I know where to show up.

The American Flyers location at the end of taxiway Tango is right next door to serviceable bar and grill, that can make a decent burger.

There is a sonic drive in located just west of Addison that sits on a hill. A couple of the stalls give you a nice view of the runway.

Did my training for my PPL at KADS and KTKI, great area! As everybody has said, there are tons of places to eat but my favorite when I go to Texas is Torchy's Tacos, it's about 10 min away form the airport. A great second option is Fuzzy's Taco and it is much closer.

Back