Added High Performance endorsement today

Very nice!!! What kind of plane did you do it in?

you bet! what bird? I got hpcomplx in a Comanche just a month ago.

Do you think it should just be called the "more-right-rudder" endorsement?

Do you think it should just be called the "more-right-rudder" endorsement?

Nah, I did mine in a rental 182, and they really don't take all that much rudder to point where you want for take off and climb. Of corse you end up feeding in left rudder trim for cruise. :D

Well, at the lower end of the spectrum that would about sum it up. Once you get into higher horsepowers, especially with light loads, it gets more complicated and you add 'don't open the throttle too quickly' because you can lose control of the aircraft. It's not just twins that will do a Vmc roll.

...nice! I got mine on my 3rd lesson in a Cherokee 235. :) I bought into it early on and flew it all but about 4 hours of my PPL training. My CFI said just that...."this is the right rudder endorsement".

The Dakota was fun to fly due to the nuances compared to an Archer....but it was still basically a Pa28 anyway you sliced it. I really liked it.

Just remember your GUMPS.

Gear, Undercarriage, Make sure gear is down, Press down gear lever, See if gear is down.

:)

Gear, Undercarriage, Make sure gear is down, Press down gear lever, See if gear is down.

Don't laugh. I do a GUMPS check all the time even in fixed gear aircraft just to reinforce the habit....

Except that you're missing the mixture and prop now on a plane that may have gear "down and welded." This was the HP endorsement, not complex...

Don't laugh. I do a GUMPS check all the time even in fixed gear aircraft just to reinforce the habit....

Me too, in the 182, it's gear down, got brakes. In a retract, it's 3 green, got brakes. An old CFI taught me to toe the brakes and call it out, more important for shorter runways, but a good habit. :D

Me too, in the 182, it's gear down, got brakes. In a retract, it's 3 green, got brakes. An old CFI taught me to toe the brakes and call it out, more important for shorter runways, but a good habit. :D

Even on a long runway it beats being caught by surprise.

Except that you're missing the mixture and prop now on a plane that may have gear "down and welded." This was the HP endorsement, not complex...

Yeah, well, just preppin' him for his Comanche...

1316595744_clarkson-power.jpg

Back