Add

V

VONBOYD2

Attention Deficet Disorder, how big of a concern would this be for a new pilot considering a carreer as a Charter or Corporate Pilot?

Based on other discussions of this medical situation it can be very big. Especially if he is on some of the medications that are prescribed for this. I would siuggest you e-mail Dr Bruce for a complete list of issues that are looked at for this particular situation. :(
Dale H.

dwh said:
I would siuggest you e-mail Dr Bruce for a complete list of issues that are looked at for this particular situation.
If you don't know who "Dr. Bruce" is and he doesn't post to this for a while, you can contact him by looking in the "Members List" in the toolbar above and finding "bbchien"

VONBOYD2 said:
Attention Deficit Disorder, how big of a concern would this be for a new pilot considering a career as a Charter or Corporate Pilot?
Being Diagnosed with ADD, ADD/HD or Asperger's is not a problem. Most, if not all meds that are given for it are a problem.

Good Luck!

Eamon said:
Being Diagnosed with ADD, ADD/HD or Asperger's is not a problem. Most, if not all meds that are given for it are a problem.

Good Luck!
Actually, Eamon, it's the other way around. It's not stated that way anywhere in writing, but after multiple conversations with the FAA docs and a refresher, it's clear they have difficulty with the underlying illness, the meds being indicators of the illness.

The choice is frequently "am I better of w/o meds and w/o diagnosis and with aviation" or "am I better off on meds and off aviation"?

That's the way it is. 2005.

bbchien said:
Actually, Eamon, it's the other way around. It's not stated that way anywhere in writing, but after multiple conversations with the FAA docs and a refresher, it's clear they have difficulty with the underlying illness, the meds being indicators of the illness.

The choice is frequently "am I better of w/o meds and w/o diagnosis and with aviation" or "am I better off on meds and off aviation"?

That's the way it is. 2005.

Oh OK. Thanks Bruce.

If somone were to suffer from one of these, The only way an AME would know is if it were diagnosed and or treated with meds?

Other than that would it woud be a Non-Issue?

It isn't like it screems out, Or does it? :dunno:

I had a friend who has had a hell of a time trying to get into the police force because some "Yahoo" put him on Ridilin for 6 months when he was 16 because he was having problems in school. The guy seems fine now. He is interested in becoming a Pilot. Would he have to jump through hoops for a medical?

Eamon said:
Oh OK. Thanks Bruce.

If somone were to suffer from one of these, The only way an AME would know is if it were diagnosed and or treated with meds?

Other than that would it woud be a Non-Issue?

It isn't like it screems out, Or does it? :dunno:
Usually it does. Call from the CFI before the medical: I think this guy shouldn't fly. But if it isn't marked by the meds and the airman lies (leaves it out) it's an effort to detect.
I had a friend who has had a hell of a time trying to get into the police force because some "Yahoo" put him on Ridilin for 6 months when he was 16 because he was having problems in school. The guy seems fine now. He is interested in becoming a Pilot. Would he have to jump through hoops for a medical?
If he hasn't taken any for three years, the current form does not require reporting it. Or at least the forms I have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back