Add one more to the ranks!

Frogs97

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Frogs97
Passed my PPL check ride yesterday.

Wanted to thank you all for all the varied conversations that pop up on here. There may be a bit of "mine is bigger than yours" that goes on, but there really is a ton of great info here. Between what I've gleaned here and on Beechtalk, I was able to answer some questions the DPE was certain would stump me (no worries, he still stumped me).

So, I now have my license to learn ... Just wish it would stop raining so I can go do that ...

Last edited:
Mines way smaller.

Hey are you on the dfw board. Aerial ghost popped up over there and there is rumblings about some local activity weather permitting soon. It is a nice forum.We don't have any egos over there. Just locals talking about flying.

Congratulations!

Gonna give us a write up?

Good on you, you are now one of the very special .1 per cent

Mines way smaller.

Hey are you on the dfw board. Aerial ghost popped up over there and there is rumblings about some local activity weather permitting soon. It is a nice forum.We don't have any egos over there. Just locals talking about flying.

Congratulations!

Gonna give us a write up?

Thanks, all!

I am on that board, but I don't frequent it that often, since there's not as much activity. Also felt kinda silly not having that piece of paper yet. I'll have to hop on and see about the meet up.

Not much to write up. My DPE was Lou Fournier, and I think he's been mentioned on here before (maybe it was DFWPilots). My instructor said that I would learn as much in the check ride as I did the entire time with them. That man truly has a heart for teaching, and he loves talking aviation. I can't exactly say he wasn't try to "get" me ... because he was, and did it with a Cheshire Cat grin. But it wasn't to try and fail me. It truly was to find my limits, and teach me a little bit more. Seems weird to say a check ride was enjoyable, but it really was.

Congrats!

I have heard many good things about Lou. Glad you had the opportunity to work with him.

Welcome aboard the crazy train! :D

Back