Adapter for video camera

citationxjl

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
Anybody know where I can get an adapter to plug my video camera into the headset so it picks up the radio calls?
Thanks
Jeff

I'd think you could just make something from Radio Shack or Fry's if you get the right size plugs. You could take it from one of the spare headset jacks to the camera input. I'm not sure of the impedance match. Most audio is 8 ohms but avionics has its oddities.

Radio Shack. Get a 1/4" mono dual female, single male adpater. It goes into your headset jack on the intercom. Your headset will plug into one of the split jacks and in the other insert a cable that is 1/4" male and the other end whatever fits in your camera be it RCA, 1/8", etc.

Radio Shack. Get a 1/4" mono dual female, single male adpater. It goes into your headset jack on the intercom. Your headset will plug into one of the split jacks and in the other insert a cable that is 1/4" male and the other end whatever fits in your camera be it RCA, 1/8", etc.

Or, skip the 2-way adapter and just plug the cable into the right or back seat plugs, if able.

I do something a bit different: I take my iPod headphones (earbud variety) and drop them into the earcups on my headset, plugging the other end into the mic jack. Works great, and I get a little engine noise with the audio to make things more real-sounding. :yes:

That's what I usually do...just get a remote mic for the camera and stick it under your headset. The camera hears everything you hear. I did that when I was filming the dorms being imploded in Ames, Ia a few years back...worked great until Tony (who was flying) got a little over excited and started swearing...so much for using that footage on TV :).

Back