Adamz does the Hudson

Gary

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Was just a beautiful day here in southeast PA. Was all rairin for a good breakfast with the usual Quakertown Pilots Assoc. Sunday breakfast. Unfortunately, I neglected to clean the snowfall off the Cherokee, this over the last few days, solidifed into a solid sheet of ice :frown2:.

But, to the rescue came Buck (who does have a hanger and a nice new turbo 182. So Adam, I, Buck and Bob piled in. After the usual hemming and hawing as to where to go, we all decided to head to Orange Co. NY (MGJ). The Runway Cafe is excellent and was easily able to seat all 18? of us. After breakfast and more hemming and hawing, it was decided that the trip home should be down the Hudson. Weather couldn't have been better. The pictures don't do it justice.

You will have to ask Adam directly on how the 182 flies :D, I think he liked it!

Gary

Attachments

• UKT.JPG
    UKT.JPG
    702.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Adam as Co-Pilot.JPG
    Adam as Co-Pilot.JPG
    377.9 KB · Views: 54
  • The group at Orange.JPG
    The group at Orange.JPG
    484.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Downtown.JPG
    Downtown.JPG
    589.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Battery Park.JPG
    Battery Park.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 71
  • The Lady.JPG
    The Lady.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 58
SWEEEeeeeeeet......:yesnod:

Sounds and looks like a great day for the hudson run! I hope to make this flight someday, maybe for the February 21st 44N lunch run.

You flew over New York? In one of those little airplanes? OMG!!!:yikes:

Man, that's something I'd like to do one day. Looks so cool!

Hey Gary,

Why don't you plan on doing it on your way up to or down from Sky Acres? We can tag along, but not in formation. :D

Yeah it was a nice day. Gary and I back seated it in the 182T on the way up . We never really sat back seat. But I gotta say it was travelin in comfort and Style.

On the way back I flew some right seat. I had flow in the 182T before ( Andrew's plane on an Angel Flight) The amount of information on the G1000 is well its just astounding. Plane flew solid as a rock.

Lee I'd love to get checked out but I NEED A CAP CFI dagnamit.

A "Hudson Scenic" on a fine winter day... been a long time for me. Nice photos.

yes perfect day for it..I did this flight in my warrior for the first time on super bowl sunday morning ..up to Poughkeepsie for some lunch..flew the hudson the whole way there and back and got a bunch of great pics....also got to see the Control tower at dutchess county....im gonna put some pics and a thread up here soon..

Hmmm... Not much has changed! ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back