Adam Zucker in AOPA magazine?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I was reading a story today about animal strikes in AOPA Magazine, and read a quote from none other than Adam Zucker!! How come no one mentioned this?

I was reading a story today about animal strikes in AOPA Magazine, and read a quote from none other than Adam Zucker!! How come no one mentioned this?

I guess I was concentrating on my own glory. :happydance:

Leave it to your fellow pilots to come up with even more exciting examples. Andy Gamache of Anchorage found polar bears watching his engine start-up and critiquing his taxi performance while operating at Alaska's Barter Island Long Range Radar Station Airport. Musk ox hang out at Deering Airport in Alaska, but you needn't bother to buzz them. "Buzzing just causes them to group closer together in a defensive reflex," Gamache said. Pilots change runways rather than argue with a four-legged bulldozer.

Last edited:
Heck, I'm six months behind on reading four different publications on aviation alone! But, I did look it up online. Here's the link to the article and the particular portion including Adam's quote:

Flying Seasons: Wildlife vs. Airplanes

Big airports can fund big solutions to stay bird free, including trained bird-chasing dogs, an army of workers equipped with paint pellet guns, noise-making devices, and an on-site wildlife biologist. Folks at small airports can bring out the family dog and hope it happens to hate geese. "Most airport dogs I have seen are more interested in finding a shady spot under a wing or overhang than chasing geese," said Adam Zucker of Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. "I often go to Lakewood Airport, New Jersey...and we always see these black wooden cutouts of dogs that look like Labs. They even have a bandana around their necks." Zucker wondered what the dogs were for, but then he noticed that wherever there were wooden dogs, there were no geese.

Yeah, I saw that too. Congrats Adam! Nice going.

Saw that.....didn't know it was you. That had to be a cool experience!

It was!! Wish I had had a better camera at the time. It was a 3.2 that I bought on E-bay for about $25.

Attachments

• Polar Bears at Barter Island during startup.jpg
    Polar Bears at Barter Island during startup.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Polar Bears at Barter Island while taxiing.jpg
    Polar Bears at Barter Island while taxiing.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 24
Man, I'm still reading the June issue of AOPA, and I haven't seen a Flying magazine in months (having delivery problems and arguing with my magazine service). But congrats to the two of you guys for making print!

Back