Ada OK airshow June 25 and 26

I'll be there with the OK wing of the CAF. Had a great time when I went a couple years ago.

Ada puts on a nice show. Saw Steve's I.A.R. Parked in Tornado Alley's. Hangar and saw him riding around the flight line in a UTV.

I saw the IAR, and wondered how many there might be floating around. One of the locals said it was a Fuji. Stuck around long enough to see the AN2 Colt take off, like slow motion.

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend. I was "ramp boss" for the airshow and didn't get a chance to leave the concrete Friday or Saturday until after everything was done for the day. I moved the IAR to the ramp after the show. We just didn't have enough ramp space to accomodate all the performers and and my plane during the day. Had anyone stayed late to see the Hind depart and came out to the plane and mentioned PoA I would have offered a ride.

The guys at TA/GAMI took good care of the plane for me over the weekend.

When I saw the AN-2 take off I wondered if that was a smoke system or if that was just normal for model...:)

I'm planning to launch the IAR back to MS at sunrise tomorrow (Sunday) to beat the heat and pm thunderstorms back home.

Last edited:
Crap. I would have flown up if I'd known you were there in the city of my birth. But then you would have been too busy to shoot the bull, so probably good that I stayed home. But I would have enjoyed the cooler weather, so maybe I should have come anyway. :tongue:

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend. I was "ramp boss" for the airshow and didn't get a chance to leave the concrete Friday or Saturday until after everything was done for the day. I moved the IAR to the ramp after the show. We just didn't have enough ramp space to accomodate all the performers and and my plane during the day. Had anyone stayed late to see the Hind depart and came out to the plane and mentioned PoA I would have offered a ride.

The guys at TA/GAMI took good care of the plane for me over the weekend.

When I saw the AN-2 take off I wondered if that was a smoke system or if that was just normal for model...:)

I'm planning to launch the IAR back to MS at sunrise tomorrow (Sunday) to beat the heat and pm thunderstorms back home.

We were making the same joke about the Colt. None of the pics I took showed the smole trail, but I think between the start up and take off, Ada won't be worrying about mosquitos for a while..

I would have put you to work....:ihih:

My wife likes it when I volunteer for a weekend airshow because I always come home 5 lbs lighter. :cool2:

Crap. I would have flown up if I'd known you were there in the city of my birth. But then you would have been too busy to shoot the bull, so probably good that I stayed home. But I would have enjoyed the cooler weather, so maybe I should have come anyway. :tongue:

Haha. Yes yes.
Does having one's head up his butt qualify for "in the interest of justice"?

That's what I get for reading the date while distracted and making mental note then not paying attention to the date again. Dang studying for this patent bar, gets my dates all effed up.

Here are a few pictures I took.

Attachments

• Ada air expo 031.jpg
    Ada air expo 031.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Ada air expo 004.jpg
    Ada air expo 004.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Ada air expo 034.jpg
    Ada air expo 034.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Ada air expo 020.jpg
    Ada air expo 020.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Ada air expo 027.jpg
    Ada air expo 027.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Ada air expo 035.jpg
    Ada air expo 035.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 7
Nice pics. In the first photo that's Paul Jennings and his son talking to me about their time slot for the show.

Paul does a double snap roll manuever in his sailplane that pulls 9 G's. The model sailplane he flies is the only single seat rated for that. The same company makes a two-seater that's also rated for 9 G's.

Here's nice video of his routine taken at Denton, TX the weekend before the Ada show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tOg2ntfC4E

Mr. Jennings is just getting into performing on the airshow circuit, but being the U.S. Glider Aerobatics Champion he's got the experience to be successful at it. I look forward to seeing and working with him again.

Thanks for posting the photos, my camera never made it out of the flight bag.

Here are a few pictures I took.

Here are some more.

Attachments

• Ada air expo 003.jpg
    Ada air expo 003.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Ada air expo 005.jpg
    Ada air expo 005.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Ada air expo 009.jpg
    Ada air expo 009.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 6