Actually won a round with an airline!

hankrausch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GoodbyePOA
Booked a flight on Spirit, had to cancel, their terms of service said I would incur a $90 cancellation fee which I expected, what i did did not expect was they tacked on $40 of taxes and did not refund the rest but offered me a credit for a future flight which was useless to me.

So I contested payment with the credit card company and provided what was on their website, with no mention of the taxes or non-refund.

Did not expect a chance of winning but the other day got a nice letter and a refund on my statement! One for the little guy!

Up until about 2am :arf:

Takes that long?

Once TDY to another base a group of us horndogs went to the club on base base. Walk in, a few tables with women, and my buddy says, "see ya'll I'm going ugly early". He did too, only one that ended up with a woman that night.

I was hoping this thread was about beating an airliner to land. LOL Oh well.

I had fun with American Airlines and their own credit card (well it's really Citibank but the card says American on it).
We were on a flight where we had paid for exit row upgrades. The flight got cancelled because of American shenanigans and the rebooked flight we didn't get our upgrade.
Now in the past when something like that happened United would voucher back the upgrade prices to our card immediately. Not so American. After over a month of "we'll get around to issuing you a credit," I decided to protest the charges. Only problem is that the billing records were so convoluted, I couldn't tell which flight was which, so I protested all the seat upgrade charges I had for the previous month. American never responded so Citibank gave me back all of them.

Hank are you sure it is over? My Amex card will credit disputed amounts immediately. But the vendor can successfully challenge my dispute for...30? 60? days.

Maybe who knows? Felt good at the time though hence the post!

Back