Actually Using My New ME Cert; Unlike My Wasted IFR...

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
Passed my commercial multi-engine check ride on Monday, after an intense few days of training and trying to squeeze it in before my school's BE76 left. As opposed to my IFR, which has been used for .4 actual in the 2 years I've had it; Just happened that every non-patternwork flight ended up being good VFR. Anyway, I got to do an Mx test flight in a Baron 58 the other day, tomorrow I'm transporting a rescued dog in Indianapolis, and next week I'm doing an Angel Flight for a guy with his 310. I'm actually kinda wishing for some good IFR tomorrow. Next up: CFI; eta 1 month...

(ps: A related after-thought after reading some comments on the "failed checkride" troll post: The examiner is actually not always right. I had to pull out the FARs to prove him wrong that I didn't break 91.129 by [accidentally] descending below the glideslope once I broke out on an ILS. He's used to flying larger jets. Just sayin', they're not always right, just like the customer is not always right...)

Congrats! But I will add that I suspect you use your IFR training on every flight. The added precision you acquired during those 40+ hours under the hood will always serve you well.

Congrats! But I will add that I suspect you use your IFR training on every flight. The added precision you acquired during those 40+ hours under the hood will always serve you well.
Ah, true. I suppose it has helped, especially for night flying with a few black-hole departures.

Back