ACTs - 10 Years Late

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I took the ACTs this morning. Aside from feeling completely moronic, I have a few observations that I found funny...as well as a few that confuse me.

It is an interesting feeling going back to a high school (Manzano High School) and sitting in the highschool desks with chairs welded to the desk. Interesting indeed.

It is an interesting feeling having to leave campus to smoke. Its amzaing how I had forgotten about doing that.

It is an interesting feeling being 24 and taking the same test as a classroom full of 14-15 year old kids.

Its amazing how much life's priorities change as you get older. During one of the breaks, a group of kids were sitting around complaining that their mom wouldn't let them stay out past 9 this week, and how its essentially the end of their social life, and therefore, the world. I was worrying this week about paying bills and going to work.

Math still sucks, even 10 years later. Math skills also decline very sharply when not used often.

Anyone know what "For all of x, x2 - 3 = ? " means? I would have thought "sqroot3" would have been the answer. It wasn't any of the choices.

Some people should not take this test. If you have to ask the teacher THREE TIMES how to correctly fill in the name bubbles, then you are probably not going to excel in college, and instead should look into manual labor. Its not a bad thing to have to be the laborer. We need laborers.

I'm sure I've got some more, but I have to head to Hooters to watch the Lobos get destroyed by Washington (yes, the Washington that was one of the 4 number 1s in last years NCAA tournament).

Back