Active Seaplane Bases in Florida

jasstech

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
jasstech
The family is driving to Florida in a few weeks to do a bunch of the amusement parks around Orlando. We want to plan a couple down days where we take it easy and find a few more relaxing things to do. I searched for seaplane bases and not surprisingly there are a lot of them. What are the more active ones around Orlando? We're not looking to do any flying. We just want to find someplace to watch them.

Thanks for the list. I know there are a lot of them but I'm hoping someone might know which ones are more active. Around here there are quite a few airports but you'd be lucky to see a single airplane at some of them.

Thanks for the list. I know there are a lot of them but I'm hoping someone might know which ones are more active. Around here there are quite a few airports but you'd be lucky to see a single airplane at some of them.

Call the SPBs on the bottom up and ask, but for the most part if they have fuel, food and mooring they are probably somewhat busy.

I am no expert but Jack Brown's is well known and does a lot of training. I would start by looking into the ones that have fuel for sale, to me this suggests that they have a fair amount of traffic if it warrants a fuel business.

Sea plane activity in Florida is scarce at the best of times. If Jack Brown has a student going and you are where they are practicing, you may see something. If you want to see sea plane activity, go to Juneau AK.

jack browns is the place to go. do an hour rental with an instructor. you will love flying the j3 cub. there is also a restaurant on the field.
P1010425.jpg

Last edited:
Tavares has a very active seaplane base. Take the family, some really good restaurants near the docks.

Where's the like button for this post. AL'S is a great spot to dinner and watch the planes. Jones Brothers gives rides and instruction. I live close by, and I'll take the dog there for some airplane R&R. It's a much better place to relax and watch the planes than Winter Haven. Of course, I'd hit both places.

I am no expert but Jack Brown's is well known and does a lot of training. I would start by looking into the ones that have fuel for sale, to me this suggests that they have a fair amount of traffic if it warrants a fuel business.

+1 for Jack Browns, very active most days and there is a deck out onto the lake to sit and watch the take off and landings. Nice friendly operation guests dropping by are always welcome.

Another plus Jack Browns is right next door to Winter Haven airport (KGIF) nice restaurant right at the FBO to sit outside and watch the activity lots of GA stuff and biz jets and Tim Preston is based there with his Stearman and Super Cub

Back