Act Of Valor

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
I've been waiting for this film to come out and saw it last night. Has anyone seen it yet?

I've been waiting for this film to come out and saw it last night. Has anyone seen it yet?

Nope, Chariots of Fire was showing the last time I went to the theatre. Has anything worthwhile come along since then?

Nope, Chariots of Fire was showing the last time I went to the theatre. Has anything worthwhile come along since then?

HA! Can't say I blame you. When the lights go down my eyelids usually get heavy. That combined with the price of a ticket, and I'd vote no. :D

I went the day it opened. First time in a movie theater in a little more than a year, but I thought it was worth it. I did not go expecting good acting and some typical plot full of hollywood exaggerations. If that's what you want to see, it is not the movie to spend the money on. I thought it was a great movie, and although I was not even close to being a SEAL operator, it is as close to the real thing this former paratrooper saw as hollywood has ever come, and in that regard the people who made it get my thumbs up.

My son has seen it, speaks very positively of it (and I am proud of his respect for those who serve). I want to see it.

I enjoyed it too. As was said previously, the plot wasn't all that thick (I believe it was a promo for the SEALs and became a full length movie) but the action was seriously impressive. The level of skill and teamwork the SEALs showed was the most outstanding part of the film to me. It also covered all of the arenas of combat. Worth the price of admition!

Last edited:
Haven't seen it, but was onboard BONHOMME RICHARD when they were doing the filming for it.....I seem to recall driving in circles off Camp Pendleton with the well deck open. At the time we thought it was just some documentary or something like that they were making.....didn't realize it would actually be out in theaters.

Those I know who have seen it (including at least one SEAL) speak highly of it.

Haven't seen it, but was onboard BONHOMME RICHARD when they were doing the filming for it.....

Wow - THAT just send me scurrying around on Google and Wiki ... I had no idea there was a modern Bonny Dick afloat now. A number of very close friends served on CVA-31.

Wow - THAT just send me scurrying around on Google and Wiki ... I had no idea there was a modern Bonny Dick afloat now. A number of very close friends served on CVA-31.
Yes, the current BHR is one of our newer LHDs. Outside the CO/Commodore's P-way, they had a large plaque with the names of every CO of CVA-31 including David McCampbell and George Morrison (Jim Morrison's father). Pretty cool history.

Back