Acro pilot bails out

"The FAA is investigating this crash to figure out what went wrong. That could determine if any charges will be filed."

wth??

"The FAA is investigating this crash to figure out what went wrong. That could determine if any charges will be filed."

wth??

Actually, this isn't uncommon with forced landings, or crashes. Local law enforcement agencies sometimes pursue charges against pilots for reckless endangerment, or unauthorized use of a road, or whatever. Then they find out that federal law supersedes state and local laws and no charges are brought. The pilot is really, really lucky that the plane didn't hit a vehicle on the highway though. That would have made his terrible day even worse.

wth??
My favorite is "He's lucky he got out alive, as you can see this was a very serious crash". I guess the officer expects that planes can land themselves safely after the only person on board parachute's out?

My favorite is "He's lucky he got out alive, as you can see this was a very serious crash". I guess the officer expects that planes can land themselves safely after the only person on board parachute's out?

A sheriff I know personally and grew up around, told the news "the good lord was with that boy today, he might have burned to death if the plane had gas in it" or something like that.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47504

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back