Acro in the midwest?

mpartovi

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mpartovi
If i could concentrate on any one type of flying, it would have to be aerobatic. I've been up a few times during open houses and airshows in decathalons and the pitts. I'd love to start flying acro and hopefully have it lead to competition aerobatics.

Anyone in the Chicago area know of a good school or CFI willing to teach with their plane???

I know the insurance premiums must be out the roof to give aerobatic dual; so i know they're far and few.

I just need to know where i can go to learn upto sportsman level just to get the aerobatic bug out.

I am not an acro guy but there are a bunch of them at my airport. I am not sure if they teach. Give the FBO a call and see if they know. I am at 10C, Galt which is in Greenwood (near Woodstock, Il). I know it is quit a bit north of CLow but perhaps if you found an acro guy up there he could help more.

Scott

I'm not in your area, but I recently did 10 months of dual acro and hoped to get into competition. I have only one piece of advice, and that is, wherever you do your training, make sure you have access to a plane you can practice in. It could be your instructor's, a friend's, a flight school's, or maybe you'll buy your own or be able to buy one with a good partner. Once you're hooked and have some skill, you will be desperate to get out there without your instructor. It will become very frustrating otherwise.

Signed,
One who tried to get the bug out

From what I remember, there is an instructor out of Poplar Grove (C77) who does some acro training. Her name is Diana. She doesn't do the acro training in Poplar Grove, but it is a way to get ahold of her.

Cindy at Blue Sky Aero in Morris is pretty close to you too. Cindy is great as an instructor and there is a good hamburger joint on the field.....

www.blueskyaero.com

Send me an email. I've been in contact with a friend of mine who is from Cary, IL. He won Intermediate at Nationals this year. He said IAC Chapter 1 covers Naperville (he's a member) and he's pretty sure he can set up some training with someone in your area. Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with him.

Sounds like you have some options closer to you but I just wanted to offer as well. I instruct in a 2001 8KCAB Super Decathlon at the Terre Haute Air Center in Terre Haute, IN. ( west central Indiana) Tail-Wheel and Basic Aerobatics. ($150/hour aircraft, chutes AND Instructor)

"Ailerons make the world go 'round"

CMA

Back