Acro in an Aerobat?

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
Anyone have experience in the Aerobat? I've been reading Kershner's Basic Aerobatic Manual (no, not planning to try anything in the Matrix, not to worry) and it looks like the Aerobat would be a fun cheap ride. I'm sure there's more energy management to be done than in some of the more powerful rides.

Any of you aerobatic types have observations to share?

And a guy over at Brandywine that will come to wings in an aerobat. I'll call ya.

I received the Cessna owners magazine for about a year, and the one article I remember was from a CFI who said the Aerobat was the best acro trainer in existence. He said it would do near anything, albeit slowly.

I'd rather have a Citabria or the like.

Anyone have experience in the Aerobat? I've been reading Kershner's Basic Aerobatic Manual (no, not planning to try anything in the Matrix, not to worry) and it looks like the Aerobat would be a fun cheap ride. I'm sure there's more energy management to be done than in some of the more powerful rides.

Any of you aerobatic types have observations to share?

I instructed in Aerobats. We had one on our line for quite a while.
It's a VERY basic aerobatic aircraft in roll, does fairly well in pitch, and does a very nice snap roll and is a good spin trainer.
You are absolutely correct about energy management in this airplane. EM is an important element in ANY aerobatic maneuver (sequence) and it's especially so for the Aerobat because of it's comparatively slow roll rate and high roll inertia.

There are two ways to look at the Aerobat. First, it's fine if all you desire is an introduction to basic aerobatics. Secondly there is a more subtle factor involved if you move on up to a higher performance airplane after learing in the aerobat. If you can do decent aerobatics in the Bat, you'll have no problems at all when you get into something with higher akro performance.
Dudley Henriques

you forgot cheap. You can get an aerobat cheap.

You can't get a Citabria cheap? :dunno:

What's currently on the market:

Aerobats: Price range $31,500 to $47,000, mean price $39,000, median $39,900

7ECA Citabrias (closest HP to the 150 Aerobat): Price range $26,700 to $49,950, mean $29,162, median $33,250

Looks like the Citabrias are cheaper. :yes:

You can't get a Citabria cheap? :dunno:

What's currently on the market:

Aerobats: Price range $31,500 to $47,000, mean price $39,000, median $39,900

7ECA Citabrias (closest HP to the 150 Aerobat): Price range $26,700 to $49,950, mean $29,162, median $33,250

Looks like the Citabrias are cheaper. :yes:

I'll be dadgummed. I think I always just looked at the Super D.

Back