Accidental omission on prior medical

U

Unregistered

The 40 pilot bust got me thinking.

I was lightly wounded in Vietnam. A schrapnel wound to one foot caused scar tissue over a nerve junction, which makes one side of a big toe numb. For this, I receive compensation from the VA as 20% disabled.

I didn't think to report it since it seemed irrelevant at the time and doesn't restrain my activity in any way.

Do I need to report this on my next medical, and if so, how should I word it?

Thanks.

Unregistered said:
The 40 pilot bust got me thinking.

I was lightly wounded in Vietnam. A schrapnel wound to one foot caused scar tissue over a nerve junction, which makes one side of a big toe numb. For this, I receive compensation from the VA as 20% disabled.

I didn't think to report it since it seemed irrelevant at the time and doesn't restrain my activity in any way.

Do I need to report this on my next medical, and if so, how should I word it?

Thanks.
Report it but worry not. Disabled in the VAH lexicon is a different meaning than disabled in the civil aeromedical system. If you can walk, climb up on the step, look in the fuel tank, operate rudder pedals, you're not Civil Aeromedically disabled. This is at tempest in a teapot because it's the same word and lawyer who know squat about these things seize upon the same word.

In the VAH system, the disability is a means of assessing whether the VAH pays for subsequent care at high priority or on an as-available basis. Only a lawyer would make you sweat this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back