Accident over Phoenix area lake.

Yeah............ a friend of mine rents..................um.......used to rent, that DA40 all the time. Personally, I think the guy was kind of amazing. Who would have thought that ONE guy could be stupid in so many ways, and on so many levels, all at the same time. Let's see............... single engine, night, deck, water, cell phone, passenger. What a guy. Too bad he's not still around, he's going to undoubtedly miss out on an opportunity to t-bone me or someone I care about.

Sorry, Sheri. People in Phoenix are plain weird. F'rinstance, they live there but love to complain about the heat. This idiot proves it's the heat.

Let's see............... single engine, night, deck, water, cell phone, passenger. What a guy.

I dunno....out of that list, the only bonehead move, IMHO, is talking on the cell phone. I find Night Flight to be safer than day flight (certainly if not safer, then at least just as safe....there are tradeoffs, what you lose in day flight, you gain in night flight and vice versa).

This was as stupid accident though...its a shame to share a state with people like that. Cell Phone use in cruise may not be a bad thing, necessarily, but over mountains during a critical phase of flight? Eek.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back