ACCELERATED PRIVATE PROGRAM EXPERIENCE, SUGGESTIONS?

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody here has any info on these accelerated private pilot schools, getting your private in 10 days type programs. I've seen flyaccelerated.com and a few others. Anybody have experience doing anything like this, anything good or bad to say about this approach any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the experience compared to others on the board to say "Because I said so, that's why." However, this is highly improbable. There is 40hrs of flying required. 4 hrs a day of flying, plus prep, brief and debrief time...6 hrs a day minimum on flying. I'd say that even devoting another 6 hrs a day to knowledge, with all the knowledge to be covered, is extremely difficult.

What's the track record of this type of program???

To ask the devils advocate question... Is there a particular need to be in such a rush?

I did mine in 6 weeks. 62 hours. Four days per week. I doubt many today do it in 40. I was 38 yrs old in 2008 with a wife, two kids and a small business and it was all I wanted to tackle. Good luck with the 10 day course.

Marc, I trained more that a handful of PVT-ASELs. The problem is we can't tell who can and who canNOT do this. The human field is a very broad one. Fastest ever was a general surgeon who was focused, and did his homework- but the average fella needs 48 - 55 hours or so. Some have taken 100. This is individual pilot candidate variability. Same CFI.

Thanks so much guys for the quick responses, Yes some of them are 10 - 14 days it seems crazy, but hey I'm one of those guys who would rather bang it all out and go crazy hard up front get it done quickly, and move on. I've been trying to get my CFI on for more hours per week its hard planning 2 schedules.

Zero to Private in ten days? I'm just not seeing that as even remotely possible unless the trainee is incredibly adept or they just train the test.

The DPE who does most of Redbird's checkrides is a good good friend/ golf buddy. He's been a DPE for many years and says the quality of instruction and preparedness for PPL's and advanced ratings is the best he's ever seen.

If you want accelerated Private Pilot, Redbird Skyport is the place to go. They won the AOPA Presidents award for innovation at the AOPA Summit today.

http://flighttraining.aopa.org/fsb/...ml?WT.mc_id=20121009fbonews&WT.mc_sect=summit

Accept no substitute.

http://redbirdskyport.com/

It's taken me about 42.4 hours and eight months to be ready for the last flight before the checkride. I've enjoyed the journey along the way. I don't think I would have wanted to rush this experience.

If it is what you want to do, then go for it. What are the possibilities?
1) You make it and become a great pilot.
2) You get partway there and you need additional work to become a great pilot.
3) You get partway there and give up.
4) You make it and become a poor pilot.

1 and 2 are not bad. You have control over 3 and 4.

But this is a great time of year to be in San Marcos.
Good point. If you are going to concentrate 100% on getting your pilot's certificate, get away from home and zero in on it. Sunshine is a plus. How is the weather in San Marcos this time of the year. That is the most important factor outside of the individual student and instructors.

My first CFI, who was pretty bad at teaching, went through one of those. Said that 6-7 hours a day flying is not uncommon. For him, it was horrible experience, even though he was already an experienced pilot in another country before coming here.

October is our chamber-of-commerce month for weather. November is a close second.

Good point. If you are going to concentrate 100% on getting your pilot's certificate, get away from home and zero in on it. Sunshine is a plus. How is the weather in San Marcos this time of the year. That is the most important factor outside of the individual student and instructors.

Zero to Private in ten days? I'm just not seeing that as even remotely possible unless the trainee is incredibly adept or they just train the test.

Alot of those courses just train the test...IMO, accelerated training is a great way to earn advanced ratings beyond the IR or to finish up a rating, but it should not be used to learn basic flying skills.

I'd think a 10-day course would take all the fun out of flying.

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody here has any info on these accelerated private pilot schools, getting your private in 10 days type programs. I've seen flyaccelerated.com and a few others. Anybody have experience doing anything like this, anything good or bad to say about this approach any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

Check PMs

The DPE who does most of Redbird's checkrides is a good good friend/ golf buddy. He's been a DPE for many years and says the quality of instruction and preparedness for PPL's and advanced ratings is the best he's ever seen.

Robert is a great guy. I took my Private Pilot checkride with him. It's a small world.

Back