Accelerated IFR Training out west

njord4

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Erik
Does anyone know of any good IFR training outfits out west that specialize in accelerated training (two weeks or so)? I'm in need of a vacation and figured I'd head out there and fly. Just so happens that I'm looking to finish up my IFR training as well (I have about 15 or so hours under the belt from last year). I found one online through Russell Aviation that looks like it would be a blast.

http://www.russellaviation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=6

Anybody heard of them? Any others I should investigate?

Thanks,
Erik

IIRC, there were a couple of these "fly in the mountains and get your IR at the same time" outfits out there. Seems like one guy really took you to some backwoods strips. My only question is -- is it worth it to pay for the cool views when you're flying under the hood the whole time? If I were going to go this route, I would probably find a 'regular' flight school that will do 'cram courses' to get the IR done, then spend the extra cash and go take an actual mountain flying course.

Just my $.02.

Definitely check out Morey's West Coast Adventures. Show up with your written and a little bit of hood/XC time, and you'll get your instrument rating as well as your High Performance and Complex endorsements if you don't have them already. You leave from Middleton, WI (C29, Morey Field) and fly out to the PNW, down the west coast, and back.

Back