AC out on New Med?

old cfi

Pre-takeoff checklist
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Old CFI
Not talking about the original one - this is supposed to be pretty new. Heard a rumor this was true but couldn't find anything on it. Help anyone?

What can I say, I'm old;) Yes, I was referring to the new basic med that takes effect in May. My son was at a FAAST meeting and the fellow running it mentioned there was an AC out on the basic med already. He (not my son) didn't give any specifics and I couldn't find anything. Just wondering if this was fact or fiction. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the FAA had issued an AC out on it. Also hearing that plane owners are getting an earful from their insurance companies who want them to have the regular med and not the new one. Saying they won't insure the airplane under new med. And the beat goes on and on and on. Someone please pop some popcorn!:D:D

What can I say, I'm old;) Yes, I was referring to the new basic med that takes effect in May. My son was at a FAAST meeting and the fellow running it mentioned there was an AC out on the basic med already. He (not my son) didn't give any specifics and I couldn't find anything. Just wondering if this was fact or fiction. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the FAA had issued an AC out on it. Also hearing that plane owners are getting an earful from their insurance companies who want them to have the regular med and not the new one. Saying they won't insure the airplane under new med. And the beat goes on and on and on. Someone please pop some popcorn!:D:D

He gave you the link right there in his post. AC 68.1. Here's the link again: https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_68-1.pdf

Also hearing that plane owners are getting an earful from their insurance companies who want them to have the regular med and not the new one.

This particular point still has some rumor and conjecture attached to it until the usual suspects in the insurance game either publish their actual stance, or some of our airplane owners get notifications about this.

Keep in mind that insurance (no matter what for) is regulated by the states, and one of the big points is that the carrier must notify you in writing before they go off changing anything.

ZPG - I had seen that one few days ago but didn't think it was the one. My bad.

Aggie - I understand about the inner workings of insurance but can't help wondering if the FAA had this thought in their back pocket all the time:(

Aggie - I understand about the inner workings of insurance but can't help wondering if the FAA had this thought in their back pocket all the time:(
The FAA's new regulations just copy the legislation that Congress passed, because that was the only way they could meet the deadline that Congress imposed. So if there was any ulterior motive, it was on the part of the senators who drafted the legislation, not the FAA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back