Abusive Vectoring

This is the hilarious part. C90 IGNORES KLOT. No handoff, no nothing.

So, KLOT is a tower only because of legislation. Rep. Dan Lapinski (no longer in congress) put it in a transportation bill. C90 wants NO ADDED duties. No handoffs. There is no equipment at KLOT other than a phone line and binoculars (and an ADSB iPAD). Five controllers and not even a “brite”.

This is a prime example of EVERYTHING WRONG with federal administration. Rep. Lapinski was determined to deliver PORK (KLOT didn’t meet traffic count criteria). C90 won’t integrate it. Millions spent.

The chief atC90 is determined to win this turf war. It’s so sad.
Wow that’s insane!

It amazes me that C90 has half the traffic of SCT, yet has such a reputation for being unable to provide a respectable level of service.

It amazes me that C90 has half the traffic of SCT, yet has such a reputation for being unable to provide a respectable level of service.
Compare traffic to amount of airspace. C90 may be more dense. Keep in mind SCT is a Combination of 6 former Approach Controls. 7 if you go as far back as when El Toro and Long Beach Approach got combined into Coast Approach.

Compare traffic to amount of airspace. C90 may be more dense.

It's not more dense. The only partial rationale I can think of is that C90 has to deal with more variable wind directions, but that still doesn't explain their reputation. I does seem like the airspace might need a redesign, like SCT has gone through a couple times, to increase access and VFR efficiency.

It's not more dense. The only partial rationale I can think of is that C90 has to deal with more variable wind directions, but that still doesn't explain their reputation. I does seem like the airspace might need a redesign, like SCT has gone through a couple times, to increase access and VFR efficiency.

Yes. SCT is just like C90. Water on one side, Class C airport(s) in the vicinity, a nearby skyscraper filled skyline, and, umm, some other stuff in three directions that has no impact on aircraft operations.

But, somehow my radio always seems to work when I call to speak to the folks running SCT.

1024px-LA_Skyline_Mountains2.jpg

And as a bonus, there are a few published suggestions from the good ATC folks on how to transit their busy class B without being sent way out over open water.

SNA_SBP_02.jpg

LAX_Coastal_Route.jpg

LAX_SFRA.jpg

There is no equipment at KLOT other than a phone line and binoculars (and an ADSB iPAD). Five controllers and not even a “brite”.
This is a prime example of EVERYTHING WRONG with federal administration.

And here I was thinking the only irregular aspect about KLOTs new Delta was the slanted north-west region along I-55 (which I've heard was to accommodate Clow)... Guess not?

Oh yeah and here's the telephone C90 gave them for the tower.
s-l600.jpg

Back