about to go log my 1000th landing.

NJP_MAN

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
So should I quit after the landing since there's nothing left to look forward to aviation wise ?

So should I quit after the landing since there's nothing left to look forward to aviation wise ?
So you've already joined the Mile High Club?
If so then yeah, nothing else to look forward to. You can quit now.

Have you ever hovered? Pinnacle approach to a one wheel landing? Land on a ship? Don't quit yet, it's just getting fun!

Ok sounds like I still have things to accomplish. Besides what is so exciting about landing 19R at McCaran for 1000.

Ever cut toilet paper more than 5 times from 4000' feet?

Well, they retire airliners after a certain number of landings. Except they call them cycles instead of landings. They do it because of fatigue. So why not retire a pilot after a certain number of landings? Pilots get fatigue too, don't they?

how many years did it take you to get 1000 landings?

how many years did it take you to get 1000 landings?

Started in 2011. Side note. I didn't log any landings in which I wasn't the sole manipulator. I know some cfis log all landings even if the student took it to the ground.

I have never logged landings. I always figured that for every take off there has to be a landing.

And so far after every landing the plane was able to be used again. :yes:

I have never logged landings.

I've been wondering why I'm logging landings. Except for night landings, I do plenty of landings. So why do I log them? Maybe just because my logbook has a column for it.

Maybe that column should be repurposed for something better. Scratch out the word "landings" and replace it with something else. Like Mile High Experiences.

Last edited:
I just hit 500 landings today, 2 years and 4 days from my first PPL lesson. And by coincidence, it was my first IR lesson for #500.

Last edited:
660 landings here, I just hit 200hrs.

Yes, I average over three landings per flight hour. :)

You have to go for 1000 landings in a tail wheel,without a ground loop,then you'll be a real pilot.

You have to go for 1000 landings in a tail wheel,without a ground loop,then you'll be a real pilot.

then do the same, but only count the ones where you touched down without a bounce AND within 25 ft from the intended touch down spot :lol:

Last edited:
I have never logged landings. I always figured that for every take off there has to be a landing.

I stopped logging landings probably two years ago except for night landings. No one cares once you have over 500!

Do you log takeoffs?
Since I got my PP I don't log either except night and I don't keep a running total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case nobody else thought to say this:
Congratulations on making almost 1,000 survivable landings. Not just anybody can say that.

Just in case nobody else thought to say this:
Congratulations on making almost 1,000 survivable landings. Not just anybody can say that.

Well judging from this thread I guess I need to stop logging landings. But thank you.

Back