ABC News slaps GA Security in the Face!

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=20826&cl=6683727&ch=130510
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4353991&page=1

Yet another case of the few being publicized and blown out of proportion by the media, ruining it again for the many. I hate how they concentrated on ONE FLIGHT SCHOOL not following the rules and made it sound like a standard practice by all flight schools. It would have been nice had they also shown a flight school that did follow the rules! In fact, I'm going to send them an email to point this out!

Last edited:
I won't comment on the accuracy of the article but the way I read it is it speaks of the apparent ineptitude of the TSA not flight schools. The school mentioned has had problems, that much is true. Then again, the claim is "thousands", it could be reasonably extrapolated that would involve more than one school.

Your comments remind me of a conversation I had several years ago. The gist was you won't hear much about the straight A student but you will hear tons about the losers and slackers. Basically, people doing what they should be doing just aint newsworthy to the MSM.

Well, I didn't check with the TSA to see if my dad was an illegal alien when I started his training.

I did get a letter from DHS in the mail this week. They are worried that 6Y9 will be used for smuggling.

I did get a letter from DHS in the mail this week. They are worried that 6Y9 will be used for smuggling.

No problemo. Just tell them about the on site security force.

779382326843373mayberry1.jpg

Well then, perhaps the DHS needs to expand the pilot's "lounge" to include luxury sleeping quarters plus food service so they can post someone full time to watch for any illicit activity. Hey, they could be your first tenant in the old schoolhouse!

Well then, perhaps the DHS needs to expand the pilot's "lounge" to include luxury sleeping quarters plus food service so they can post someone full time to watch for any illicit activity. Hey, they could be your first tenant in the old schoolhouse!

Hmmm, I wonder if I should apply for funding and live up there full time.

Back