Abandoned & Little Known Airfields

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
(Reposting a note received today from Paul. Didn't really ask him if I should, hopefully he doesn't mind... I find his website and project cool, and have sent a few bucks for its upkeep in the past, since hosting such things is never free... Anyway... If you like the site, consider sending a couple of bucks his direction. If you've never seen it, check it out. Some neat history there.)

As someone who has supported the Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields website in the past, I'm sending you a quarterly update. In the past 3 months, a total of 43 additional airfields have been added to www.airfields-freeman.com, and hundreds of other entries have been updated with additional pictures & information, much of which has been graciously sent in by readers. And in answer to readers who have suggested it for years, clickable maps have been added to each state page, so that you may graphically find the sub-page you're looking for, in addition to the textual menus.

There's a devoted subset of site readers who are dedicated "field correspondents", sending historical material or pictures taken from the field, some of them for much of the 15 years of the website's lifespan. The Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields website would not be anywhere near as far-reaching, with a current total of 1,873 airfields covered, in all 50 states, without the flow of material from these dedicated field correspondents.

So if you haven't visited www.airfields-freeman.com in a while, come back & see how much interesting historical material has been added to the site.

And I truly appreciate financial donations, without which the site could not continue.

Thanks!

Paul Freeman
www.airfields-freeman.com

Back