Attachments

• Abandon Ship_1.jpg
    Abandon Ship_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • Abandon Ship_2.jpg
    Abandon Ship_2.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 90
Thanks Capt. Obvious!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, I meant what is the story behind the wrecks? What ships are they, when did they run aground in the harbor, etc.
To paraphrase the old aviation joke: "Hell no, I always moor that way!"

Ron Wanttaja

No, I meant what is the story behind the wrecks? What ships are they, when did they run aground in the harbor, etc.
They may have simply have been left there to rot like this one...

4218478345_73ef7fdb6d.jpg

The three tripod like towers were probably used to off load fish and onload ice via cable or rope from the shore to the tower.

I don't know any details. When I was(we were - I had a co-pilot) circling Boothbay Harbor I spotted the scene which I'd never previously observed during many ground visits to the area. But that vicinity is not usually attended by other than the owners in that development. I think I'll give Ken Brown a call. He'll know the history. Ken was a long time customer at my camera store.

More of that same flight can be seen in my Website in the Gallery: SPECIAL - Boothbay Harbor (Greeting Cards).

HR

Attachments

• Ken Brown's Place.jpg
    Ken Brown's Place.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 12
Kinda like that rotting hulk in Wiscasset. I used to love passing by there.

Kinda like that rotting hulk in Wiscasset. I used to love passing by there.

Two rotting hulks in Wiscasset, depending upon the era of your passage.
Hesper and Luther Little: I have a 30" x 40" enlargement of them from a shot I took 35 or 40 years ago. One of them still had four masts standing.

HR

On a side note it's taken numerous attempts to upload this photo. "Web Acceleration Error; Suspected Satellite Outage." Well, nuts! But I just saw a roadside sign stuck in the ground on the other side of the bridge to this island: "High speed Internet now
available. Dial - - - - - - - - Fairpoint." I should have it as soon as FedEx brings me the modem(maybe tomorrow).

Attachments

• Marine Room1.jpg
    Marine Room1.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 14
Back