Aaarrrgghh!

Frogs97

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Frogs97
Morning rains have cancelled baseball for today, too wet for yard work, and the skies are finally clear (enough) ... and every plane I'm checked out in is booked. Reason 5,256 I want my own plane!!

Sorry, had to vent to people that would understand. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Go get one! Partnership was the easiest way for me to have my "own".

I know exactly how you feel my friend, a couple of weeks back it was a beautiful Florida day and I had the plane booked so all looked good for a hamburger run out to the coast
Just about to leave home for the airport and I get the call....a student is a few hours behind schedule due to weather issues and his check ride is coming up so would I mind giving up my slot. Hey disappointing but what could I do, he's close to check ride and I'm just going up for the smile factor. So I accepted the bump.

My wife said why don't you just buy a damn airplane...bless her 48 yrs married and she still indulges me.

So it looks like I'm in the market for a cheapish but usable airplane so I can scratch my itch anytime I feel like it :D

I know exactly how you feel my friend, a couple of weeks back it was a beautiful Florida day and I had the plane booked so all looked good for a hamburger run out to the coast
Just about to leave home for the airport and I get the call....a student is a few hours behind schedule due to weather issues and his check ride is coming up so would I mind giving up my slot. Hey disappointing but what could I do, he's close to check ride and I'm just going up for the smile factor. So I accepted the bump.

My wife said why don't you just buy a damn airplane...bless her 48 yrs married and she still indulges me.

So it looks like I'm in the market for a cheapish but usable airplane so I can scratch my itch anytime I feel like it :D

Good on you for the bump. It almost came to that for my check ride, but it was going to be a student they were going to bump because he wasn't all that close. I was very glad it didn't have to happen that way.

And...a new aircraft owner is born... :)

It's how we all ended up owning. In my case, it was:

1. Got the work schedule
2. Got the weather
3. Got the kids out of school
4. Got the grandmas ready to go
5. Rental plane is broken....again.

Mary turned to me and snapped "Why don't you buy an airplane?"

Best day of my life... ;)

Your going to love ownership. Don't burn your bridges ,there are times you still may want to rent.

That's kind of in the works. Just lots of traps to run before it can be consumated!

I can help you with your desires. All it takes is money. Right here in your backyard too.

muuuuaaahahhahhahhahhahahaaaaa! :D

It seems that's the case for a lot of things!

Owning a plane makes kinda sense in TX if you have the money. It's a mecca for GA notwithstanding the past month. Today is CAVU out there, and we get plenty of days like this. PM me if you get a bit more serous. I'm not far away.

Owning a plane makes kinda sense in TX if you have the money. It's a mecca for GA notwithstanding the past month. Today is CAVU out there, and we get plenty of days like this.

Agreed.

The distances here in Texas are so great, GA really helps. Without the RV, Mary and I would be trapped on the island (a gilded cage, to be sure, but a cage nonetheless) most of the time.

With the RV? We go to Austin, Houston, Galveston, and Brownsville for lunch, and DFW is just 2 hours away. GA and Texas go together like beer and pizza.
:)

Agreed.

The distances here in Texas are so great, GA really helps. Without the RV, Mary and I would be trapped on the island (a gilded cage, to be sure, but a cage nonetheless) most of the time.

With the RV? We go to Austin, Houston, Galveston, and Brownsville for lunch, and DFW is just 2 hours away. GA and Texas go together like beer and pizza.

:)

Pizza and beer? Huh. That's a great idea! I've got to try that.:idea:

Don't forget Lockhart for bbq, and that we're just a short hop to great authentic Cajun food in LA. Then there is Fredricksburg for a great day trip and... Well, you get the idea.:D

Pizza and beer? Huh. That's a great idea! I've got to try that.:idea:

Don't forget Lockhart for bbq, and that we're just a short hop to great authentic Cajun food in LA. Then there is Fredricksburg for a great day trip and... Well, you get the idea.:D
Yep, been to Lockhart several times. Flew to New Orleans last year. Went to McAllen last week, where there is a major shopping mall within walking distance of the FBO.

So many great places to fly in Texas -- although we lost one of favorites when the restaurant closed at Gulf Coast Regional (LBX). I don't know why Houston-area pilots didn't support them more, but they couldn't make a go of it despite awesome food and a great location.

Last edited:
Yep, been to Lockhart several times. Flew to New Orleans last year. Went to McAllen last week, where there is a major shopping mall within walking distance of the FBO.

So many great places to fly in Texas -- although we lost one of favorites when the restaurant closed at Gulf Coast Regional (LBX). I don't know why Houston-area pilots didn't support them more, but they couldn't make a go of it despite awesome food and a great location.

You're in luck... Runway Cafe (Facebook) at KLBX just opened.

There is a guy trying to get a club going at Mineral Wells. Migh be worth a look.

We are in the restaurant as I type this -- and it is great!

Better yet, it's not another stupid breakfast or early lunch joint. Hours are 11 AM till 9 PM, so we have a place for lunch/dinner!

Happy! :)

Now, Houston area pilots -- support this damned place! Let's keep this guy open!

We are in the restaurant as I type this -- and it is great!

Better yet, it's not another stupid breakfast or early lunch joint. Hours are 11 AM till 9 PM, so we have a place for lunch/dinner!

Happy! :)

Now, Houston area pilots -- support this damned place! Let's keep this guy open!

Glad to hear you stopped by there! I haven't been yet (opening was delayed when I last visited KLBX), but plan on going soon.

Owning a plane makes kinda sense in TX if you have the money. It's a mecca for GA notwithstanding the past month. Today is CAVU out there, and we get plenty of days like this. PM me if you get a bit more serous. I'm not far away.

Until it dries out, then there is a red brown haze to 7000'.:lol:;)

Back