Aaaargh! I'm having crummy weather flying withdrawals!

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
My beautiful skywagon is sitting perched all alone in the dark all cold and lonely.

It's killing me. :mad2:

My beautiful skywagon is sitting perched all alone in the dark all cold and lonely.

My cherokee is tucked in with its blankey over the cowl, just in case I turn the engine heater on, safe & cozy, altho cold, in the hangar. I left a light on, just in case it got scared of the dark.

I shoveled the bit of snow between what was plowed and the door last weekend just in case I wanted to go flying...still haven't fired it up. Maybe this week...anyone wanna go flying around Denver?

Tomorrow (Monday) looks like it will be good here in South Texas. After so many weeks of absolutely crap weather, we're planning on flying...somewhere!

Same here, have had crappy weather most of December and all of January so far. Most days are LIFR and cold. (yes, down here in TX 35 means cold :) ).
Hope to get "high" (at altitude) this weekend. I assume all airport diners in the 200-mile radius will have 1+ hour wait. :)

Same here in GA. Freezing and windy last week. 300 OVC and rain this week. :(

We have one clear day forecast Thursday.

Well whoop de friggin do! :nonod:

Try being in the middle of training for PPL with all of this crap weather lately. Didn't get to fly a single time during the holidays when I planned to rack up some serious hours.... and first couple weeks so far this year haven't been any better.

Try being in the middle of training for PPL with all of this crap weather lately. Didn't get to fly a single time during the holidays when I planned to rack up some serious hours.... and first couple weeks so far this year haven't been any better.
Try being in the middle of training for IR. This would be HEAVEN! :)
Too bad I haven't started. Getting there fast, though!

Gots the gravity blue balls. I need to get off, the ground. Days are getting longer...

Scheduled to fly this morning. Woke up to freezing rain and snow in the DXR area. Woe, woe is me.
Nobody know the trouble I seen. Nobody know the sorrow.....
Another day of flying helicopters and ornithopters in my living room.

Try being in the middle of training for IR. This would be HEAVEN! :)
Too bad I haven't started. Getting there fast, though!
I'm currently doing ifr, it's not much better. Especially when the field is ifr. Vor navigation is difficult when you have to be on a fight plan. Pattern work too. But on the plus side today was beautiful so I got 2.1 in the Seminole.

Finished annual Sunday...500 ft ceilings.

Cold and clear today...battery died!

The heater and battery charger are plugged in. I'm hoping for a successful dawn patrol tomorrow...

I wouldn't go in this sub freezing crud if I were an astronaut.

Not without FIKI and a bunch of stuff I don't have. :no:

Yep.
I tried to get in a some IR work yesterday here in GA. OVC at ~1900 agl and about 2C on the ground.
We went up and tried to head north where asos reported BKN. Ha.

Trace just below clouds and we flew the gps back to RYY. A whole half hour....sux.

Can't wait for some warmer clouds to get somemore actual time in.

I can only crash everything in MSX so many times before even that get's boring ...

I'm withering away and dying here I tell ya! .... :cryin:

The weatherman completely effing lied (again) today, and conditions never improved beyond low IFR.

Here's Amelia this evening. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think she looks frustrated, too, and, like, "Get me OUT of here!".

10394855_792283864140843_7629722205238748153_n.jpg

Low ifr and 100 foot ceiling all day in jax. Had to scrub my trip. Ifr or not thats way beyond my personal minimums

More scud here today and I don't even see a ceiling.

It's just all grey soup.

Had enough went out for breakfast,IMC returned IMC. Needed the practice. Gotta love the weatherman.

Got some air today. My brain needed that.

Today was spectacular! Finally!

So, we flew to Houston Hobby, for the Wings & Wheels event at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum.

An awesome day. :)

608041d52f0ea46cf092320b8704632d.jpg

100b3591387b80b855c62c3dda11ca88.jpg

Looks like fun.

I've managed about 1.5 hours in the last two days.

Yippeeee! I needed that fix!

Argh. We have had the best flying weather of the year these last two days -- and they are seal - coating and striping the runway and taxiway all week.

The downside of being based at an excellent, proactive airport is that they are always a-buildin' and a-fixin' stuff!
;)

Last weekend finally turned out awesome. We jumped in four planes and went to Fredericksburg to a breakfast.

Attachments

• Img_0229.jpg
    Img_0229.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5

Bring it out here, I'll keep it warmed up and flying for you. Sitting in the cold and engine not pickled is not good. :D

Back