Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Looking for pics of windshield, radome, leading edges
Hit some of the 'more solid ppte' going through a 'gap' here last night

Looking for pics of windshield, radome, leading edges
Hit some of the 'more solid ppte' going through a 'gap' here last night
1387 or 1287?

The LiveATC audio was interesting - pilot reported zero visibility out of the front windscreen but we're using the side windows to gain some visibility. Don't think ELP is Cat III (not sure if the A319 is, either), but this is one of those times you wish it were...

We both got it wrong... Looks like it was 1897. Unless there were two incidents!

Saw some pictures in a private FB group (taken by AA ground crew). Impressive. Radome smashed, front windscreens totally cracked, can't tell about airframe. I can't repost them, but I'm sure they will come out soon enough.

Doesn’t look like the deviations worked.

Holy cow! Must have been interesting landing?

Doesn’t look like the deviations worked.

This storm was only in the area about an hour and a half. I traveled by road the exact opposite direction of the flight track. There was a HUGE haboob prior to the rain and hail, with most of the hail up near Las Cruces (or in the diversion area). Am positive the haboob ground stopped everything and they vectored into the damaging hail. Would hate to have been on that flight.

My ground trip was on loop 375 and I was adjacent to the airport when the haboob reduced visibility to just 250 feet. Although late afternoon, it got dark FAST! All the radio channels were broadcasting severe weather alerts.

Yikes! Good job on the crews part!

Radar track, comms from LiveATC, and a couple of interesting radar images of the storm cell they centerpunched.

Back