A65/A75 cylinders

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
One of my cylinders cracked and cannot be repaired. My spare cylinder is also junk and cannot be repaired. I might have a lead on a good one - but otherwise - anyone know where decent ones can be found?

Amazing to me that nobody makes them anymore considering how many are still flying.

One of my cylinders cracked and cannot be repaired. My spare cylinder is also junk and cannot be repaired. I might have a lead on a good one - but otherwise - anyone know where decent ones can be found?

Amazing to me that nobody makes them anymore considering how many are still flying.

Since it's an experimental can't you upgrade to O-200 cylinders?

Since it's an experimental can't you upgrade to O-200 cylinders?

Sure if you rebuilt like half the power plant. Be easier and cheaper to just buy a O-200 at that point.

Sure if you rebuilt like half the power plant. Be easier and cheaper to just buy a O-200 at that point.

I had a acquaintance years ago that was building experimental engines and I seem to recall he was putting O-200 cylinders on the A65's.

Not sure what was involved. Just a suggestion.

Last I heard, Superior had started producing new cylinders for this application. You might try calling or emailing them or one of their dealers for details.

The last A65 cylinders we got came from Gibson.

Last I heard, Superior had started producing new cylinders for this application. You might try calling or emailing them or one of their dealers for details.

The last A65 cylinders we got came from Gibson.

Afaik they haven't made them in years and there were several gotchas (only selling as a matched set of 4, etc)

Afaik they haven't made them in years and there were several gotchas (only selling as a matched set of 4, etc)

I was told they were making them as recent as this past winter. I haven't seen a set but it still might be worth looking into. If nothing else, it might serve as a reminder that people are still needing the parts if they are willing to make them.

Try Don George Aircraft Engines in Orlando. Also try Zephyrhills (Charlie M) I'm sure he would have a line on serviceable units.

Would you like to buy a used engine for 400 bucks?

Attachments

• DSCN2813.JPG
    DSCN2813.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN2814.JPG
    DSCN2814.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN2815.jpg
    DSCN2815.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN2816.jpg
    DSCN2816.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN2817.JPG
    DSCN2817.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN2818.jpg
    DSCN2818.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Lots of 'em for sale on Barnstormers. One guy has a brand new set of Superiors NIB for $5K.

Chris

Sal's Cylinders in Prosper Texas. Ask for Sal, tell him Doc sent you. He'll have one out next day, or maybe two days.

Back