A Youtube Channel Dedicated to Simplifying Aviation Topics

LucasNoia

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LucasNoia
Hello everyone. I would like to share with you our aviation YouTube Channel with tons of videos simplifying aviation topics: https://www.youtube.com/user/jeanrouge1972

The channel is connected to our business, but the majority of our videos are free (over 100 videos which will make your aviation doubts vanish).

We tackle subjects like Instruments, Weather, VFR and IFR Navigation, preparing a VFR/IFR Cross-Country Flight Plan, Etc.

Also if you have a question you would like for us to answer with a video explanation we do not already have, just post and we will get to work on it immediately.

Nice. Just watched the VOR Navigation Made Simple video. Thumbs up for simplifying and clarifying with style. :)

Edit: started watching the How to Use the Manual E6B Flight Computer video and stopped within a minute, as it provided all the information I really wanted/needed to know: The manual E6B isn't accurate/precise enough to guarantee the correct answer for the written test. YES! Thank God someone agrees with me! I thought I was doing everything wrong because I rarely got exactly the right answers.

Last edited:
Nice. Just watched the VOR Navigation Made Simple video. Thumbs up for simplifying and clarifying with style. :)

Edit: started watching the How to Use the Manual E6B Flight Computer video and stopped within a minute, as it provided all the information I really wanted/needed to know: The manual E6B isn't accurate/precise enough to guarantee the correct answer for the written test. YES! Thank God someone agrees with me! I thought I was doing everything wrong because I rarely got exactly the right answers.

:confused: The "whiz wheel" E-6B saw thousands of people to the correct solutions. If one bothers to use it accurately it produces accurate results. You can interpolate between the marks, and a proper logarithmic slide is plenty accurate to get you through the test, and real life flying.

The manual E6B isn't accurate/precise enough to guarantee the correct answer for the written test. YES! Thank God someone agrees with me! I thought I was doing everything wrong because I rarely got exactly the right answers.

That's funny. It got me through the IFR written a few weeks ago, and a billion practice questions as well, with a perfect record on nav log problems.

The operator may not be accurate enough, but the device is good to at least two significant figures even for the tiny (pocket size) one I use. The standard size ones should be good for three. It's got enough in it if the operator isn't sloppy.

The VOR one was the only one I could make work. Decent concept.

Hello everyone. I would like to share with you our aviation YouTube Channel with tons of videos simplifying aviation topics: https://www.youtube.com/user/jeanrouge1972

The channel is connected to our business, but the majority of our videos are free (over 100 videos which will make your aviation doubts vanish).

We tackle subjects like Instruments, Weather, VFR and IFR Navigation, preparing a VFR/IFR Cross-Country Flight Plan, Etc.

Also if you have a question you would like for us to answer with a video explanation we do not already have, just post and we will get to work on it immediately.

Check your PMs.

That's funny. It got me through the IFR written a few weeks ago, and a billion practice questions as well, with a perfect record on nav log problems.

The operator may not be accurate enough, but the device is good to at least two significant figures even for the tiny (pocket size) one I use. The standard size ones should be good for three. It's got enough in it if the operator isn't sloppy.
There's the rub. The system is a combination of operator and device, which is also true for the electronic E6B - but the electronic version is much less prone to analog input/reading errors.

There's the rub. The system is a combination of operator and device, which is also true for the electronic E6B - but the electronic version is much less prone to analog input/reading errors.

The wheel however is much easier to work one handed while being bounced in turbulence figuring out if you're going to have enough fuel with your new headwind calculation. It is a simple tool that requires limited practice to get right.

Some of them are built poorly, especially the plastic ones. If it's not manufactured precisely, it won't give precise answers. One Jepp CR-2 was so bad I threw it away.

Don't buy plastic junk. Plenty of good metal ones out there. Even when flying with a glass panel and everything talking, sometimes it's still faster and easier to whip the whiz wheel out of its pocket by my knee and use it to refine my mental math.

Lol I didn't really want to start a heated discussion on E6Bs but since this seems to be the hot topic I would like to add to our statements in the video.

You can get the right answer using the manual E6B with a little work and know-how (the video explains the know-how), but using an electronic one definitely makes your life easier during the test. Also keep in mind that many testing centers provide an easy to use Electronic Flight Computer right on the software and I personally used that same one rather than the manual one during my tests many years ago.

Also with today's automation there is no need to use an abacus to do ones taxes. Owning and knowing how to use an electronic E6B probably won't hurt your piloting skills.

Keep in mind that the video on the E6B explains how to use it. If we didn't think it was relevant to know this information we would not have made such a video.

Now, there are plenty of really good videos on the channel, for example the Constant Speed Propeller one: https://youtu.be/TR7KZdHLkE4 where we show the operation of the fly weights etc. with animations. "If a picture is worth a 1,000 then what about a moving picture".

Or the Altimeter one: https://youtu.be/dLdsdQa6cmo where we present altimetry with correlation to the human body and brain.

Another good one is where we explain student pilots how to Intercept and Track VOR radials: https://youtu.be/q2ZJPD8L1Bk

Finally if you have some aviation topic you are having problems with, and is not already covered by our videos, this would be one of the places where you could post your request and we would do our best to deliver on your whishes.

I disagree.

I've used both electronic and manual E6Bs, and I'm much MUCH faster with the manual one. It's also much easier to invert. You don't need a new menu to run through.

The hard part is getting the idea out of your head that you need 8 significant figure precision. You don't. Not even close. Most of the calculations you do are fine with two, even with the test questions that only differ by a few minutes.

I used the electronic form for my PP-ASEL test 'cause I didn't know any better. I used the manual one for my IA, and it went a lot better.

Perfect example of how unpossible it is to get a thread back on track after it has been derailed :rofl:

I would be one of those happily driving this thread off the tracks BUT I tried going to the web site and the god awful, stinking, mind numbing, so-called, MUSIC drove me off in 5 seconds flat. Life is too short for that sheet.

You also don't respond to typo reports (see your PMs).
If you had asked for a video to be made I would have gladly responded, but since it was just an edit on a typo and sice its impossible to edit a video already published on youtube it was kind of pointless.

If you had asked for a video to be made I would have gladly responded, but since it was just an edit on a typo and sice its impossible to edit a video already published on youtube it was kind of pointless.

Well I was thinking this might be a generic problem for you, misspelling and mispronouncing (or perhaps misunderstanding) that word, and thought I was doing you a favor. But no good deed...

Well I was thinking this might be a generic problem for you, misspelling and mispronouncing (or perhaps misunderstanding) that word, and thought I was doing you a favor. But no good deed...

Again sir I was aware of the problem but (and this is a problem many creators complain to YouTube about) once a video is uploaded it can't be edited without deleting the original. As you can see from the channel there are more than 5K subscribers and many of them add videos to favorites. If we delete the video to upload a replacement they go nuts trying to find it.
I thank you for the comment but there is nothing I can do without upsetting some viewers.

Again sir I was aware of the problem but (and this is a problem many creators complain to YouTube about) once a video is uploaded it can't be edited without deleting the original. As you can see from the channel there are more than 5K subscribers and many of them add videos to favorites. If we delete the video to upload a replacement they go nuts trying to find it.
I thank you for the comment but there is nothing I can do without upsetting some viewers.

You are welcome. :)

Back