A Visual Guide to the Extra 300L

BruceAir

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BruceAir
I must be excited about bringing my Extra 300L back to Seattle (soon) from its winter home near Las Vegas, because I spent a stormy afternoon updating my Web site, which now includes a visual guide to the more question-provoking features of the airplane (and its aerobatic brethren). The guide is available at: http://www.bruceair.com/Extra300L.htm.

Note that the page probably looks best when viewed in Internet Explorer.

Bruce,

Looks like you have the non-adjustable sighting devices. I do too (left wing only). Do you find them to be dead-on for vertical and 45's? Mine is not, but it does provide a reference.

Chip

I can adjust my sights forward and back, but two bolts hold them in line with the chord of the wing, so adjustmens on that axis are tough.

I don't fly competitions, so I don't obsess about every degree positive or negative on my lines, and with the video system, I can do a reasonable job of self-criticism after each flight.

By the way, where did you get your airplane? Was it previously owned by someone in the Southwest? I think I saw it last year at our Extra fly-in at Fighter Combat International at Williams-Gateway outside Phoenix.

BruceAir said:
By the way, where did you get your airplane? Was it previously owned by someone in the Southwest? I think I saw it last year at our Extra fly-in at Fighter Combat International at Williams-Gateway outside Phoenix.

It was owned by a guy in Kansas City. It had 60 hours on it when I bought it last year so I doubt he flew it to Phoenix. I, on the other hand, am very interested in this fly-in. If you get a chance please drop me an e-mail with more info.

Thanks,

Chip

Back