A very tiring but rewarding day.

GaryO

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gary Ostrander
My brother's family spent this past week in Orlando making the rounds of the Disney attractions. I spent Monday afternoon and Tuesday with them but had to come back to work.

My 7 yr old nephew was hoping I could give him his first airplane ride - they drove down. The weather was really crappy early in the week but I told my brother that, weather permitting, I would fly up on Saterday to take him up. They had to leave for home first thing Sunday morning.

Friday the forcast looked good so I called by brother with what, at the time, I thought was a good idea. My nephew also wanted to visit a beach and see the ocean. A lot of people don't realize that Disney is not that close a beach. I offered to fly up, pick up my nephew, fly him back down here, take him to the beach for the afternoon, and fly him back in the evening. That would allow my brother and the rest of his family to spend one day not going to kiddie attractions. And for some crazy reason, I did this knowing full well that I would have to get back to work to start year end processing just after midnight so it could run all day on the 31st.

I guess I had forgotten just how exausting it is running after a 7 yr old. I spent a total of 4.8 hours flying, 3 hours at the beach, 2 hours at Denney's, and another couple of hours of misc. time with my nephew. But he was really excited and seemed to have a great time. He also seemed to run completely out of energy as soon as my brother picked him up. And year end processing was started and completed on time.

All in all, a very tiring but very rewarding weekend.

You did good. They'll remember it for a long time to come. I've been chasing after my brother's 6 and 8 yr old since before Christmas:) . I love it.

Your brother thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have five kids no brother or sister
I wish i did...:eek:

Back