A very big Thank you to the FAA doctors

comanche

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Comanche
I have been writing about my case in another thread. An update. Yesterday, one of the FAA docs personally called me saying he was ready to sign off clearing me to fly when he discovered one situation.

He actually took the time to call me to tell me have a couple more tests done. Wow. This is so impressive to me. He could have dictated a letter which would have taken two - three weeks to reach me delaying my return to flying that much more. Instead, the notified me what tests he needed. He gave me his personal fax and even voice phone number for my doctor to respond. Thanks so much Doctor S.

I notified Dr. Bruce of his conversation and Dr. Bruce said this particular doc is one of the good guys. Had the tests run this morning and other than the blood lipids which will take a day or so to know the results everything else (EKG, blood pressure are all very acceptable to the family doc.

My local is sending the results to both the FAA and to Dr. Bruce as he has been gracious enough to help me with this.

I second this comment. When I had a serious medical issue that required a lot of work, the FAA people where very good about returning calls and working with me. It did take a long time to get resolved but they were helpful where they could be.

When I got my SI for prostate cancer a few years ago the folks in the northwest office were absolutely outstanding in telling me what they needed, and then processing the SI in a week. We love to bash the FAA, but there are some great folks working there, too.

When I got my SI for prostate cancer a few years ago the folks in the northwest office were absolutely outstanding in telling me what they needed, and then processing the SI in a week. We love to bash the FAA, but there are some great folks working there, too.

That was exactly my reason for writing this. Years ago I had a bad situation with the agency, but on this case, they have gone out of their way to help.

Glad to hear it! Both about the FAA and you being able to fly.

Thanks again to Dr. Bruce for just being here to help us all.

Dr. S? Might he be Silberman? Isn't he at the very top of the list in that department?
Good deal!

HR

Dr. S? Might he be Silberman? Isn't he at the very top of the list in that department?
Good deal!

HR

It was not Doctor Silberman. He recently retired from the FAA. I don't want to disclose his name as he may not want that known. However, he has my admiration for treating me as a person, not just a name on a form

Dr. S's successor stuck his neck out today. We got a Purdue professor back to flying status today, and a SECOND at that, not at third.

There are a few good ones!

Not to cheap shot you, but there are a lot of good ones. Complain about FAA medical standards all you want; they're light years in front of the rest of the world. I know there is a lot of frustration on the medical forums here and elsewhere, but many of those complaining of delays would have zero chance in another country. Diabetes? HIMS? Forget about it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back