A Two-fer Day: Congrats Bill & Peter!

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
It’s not often a flight instructor has two student checkrides on the same day, but today was the day for me. Congratulations to Bill Halpin on successfully completing his Commercial Multiengine rating, and to Peter Hessedal for completion of his Instrument Airplane rating.

Bill has been on a ratings tear…completing his Commercial Helicopter in July, his Commercial Airplane Single-Engine Land and Single-Engine Sea in October, and now his Commercial Multiengine Land! Great job, Bill. CFI is the next rating that he has in his sights, although he’s undecided whether he’ll go for Airplane or Helicopter first.

Peter has been on a long, winding road to his Instrument Rating, but finally realized his dream today. But even the home stretch was tough, having completed his oral exam two weeks ago, but getting thwarted by icing that day and on one other attempt. But today was gorgeous and he completed the task.

Great job, Bill and Peter!

HalpinBill_CommMEL_Pilot_web.jpg

Hessedal_Peter_InstrAirplane_web.jpg

http://www.mnaviationpro.com/2013/11/23/a-two-fer-day-congrats-to-bill-halpin-and-peter-hessedal/

Congrats to both and also to their instructor.

Congrats to all of you. So funny to see you all bundled up. Today at the kids' soccer games I sweated my buns off and got a sunburn. :D Ahhh, Florida.

Anyhow, great job.

Congrats to all of you. So funny to see you all bundled up. Today at the kids' soccer games I sweated my buns off and got a sunburn. :D Ahhh, Florida.

Anyhow, great job.

We FROZE today! 6F when we launched this morning. Heater in the Apache didn't help much, so I had a blanket on!

Definitely no sunburn.

We FROZE today! 6F when we launched this morning. Heater in the Apache didn't help much, so I had a blanket on!

Definitely no sunburn.

YEESH. 6F and that's all you had on? I'd have to have 37 layers to even live through it with my FL blood. I think I prefer sweat to permanently numb extremities. :D

If you're ever in the Tampa or Miami area PM me let's fly. I love to learn, even if by osmosis from the vastly more experienced guy in the right seat. :)

YEESH. 6F and that's all you had on? I'd have to have 37 layers to even live through it with my FL blood. I think I prefer sweat to permanently numb extremities. :D

If you're ever in the Tampa or Miami area PM me let's fly. I love to learn, even if by osmosis from the vastly more experienced guy in the right seat. :)

The older I get, the more challenging the cold becomes.

And I'd be happy to fly with you next time we are down there. May be in the Apache/Geronimo!

Loren, do you make those "posters" yourself for your students?

Yeah...I've been into photography for 40+ years, digital for 15 years and Photoshop heavily for ten years. I made one for a student awhile back and it was a hit so it's become a tradition. At a flight school I work with they've covered a wall with solo and checkride certificates like these.

That's really neat. I know I would certainly love it if I was receiving something like that as a student.

I did photography/photoshop/etc back in the mid 2000s, had a lot of Nikon gear, then sold it abruptly. Someday I'll go back to it.

That's really neat. I know I would certainly love it if I was receiving something like that as a student.

I did photography/photoshop/etc back in the mid 2000s, had a lot of Nikon gear, then sold it abruptly. Someday I'll go back to it.

Photoshop has a very steep learning curve, but once you get a handle on the basics, there's virtually nothing you cannot do with it. Great (though fairly expensive) tool.

I actually just used Elements, as I blew all my cash on lenses and had little to no money leftover for editing software!

Hah, yeah we launched in about 20F with the windchill the other day and it was "just a little chilly". Blanket weather doesn't hit until it's below 10 degrees F. Glad the cold and winter weather didn't get in the way of their checkrides. Congratulations to both.

Hah, yeah we launched in about 20F with the windchill the other day and it was "just a little chilly". Blanket weather doesn't hit until it's below 10 degrees F. Glad the cold and winter weather didn't get in the way of their checkrides. Congratulations to both.

Thanks. I have another ME student that's been grounded for two weeks by the weather. Hopefully the improvement is coming and we can get him his
add-on before Christmas.

Now that's a good day for both pilots and instructor..congrats

Is that your Aztec?

It’s not often a flight instructor has two student checkrides on the same day, but today was the day for me. Congratulations to Bill Halpin on successfully completing his Commercial Multiengine rating, and to Peter Hessedal for completion of his Instrument Airplane rating.

Bill has been on a ratings tear…completing his Commercial Helicopter in July, his Commercial Airplane Single-Engine Land and Single-Engine Sea in October, and now his Commercial Multiengine Land! Great job, Bill. CFI is the next rating that he has in his sights, although he’s undecided whether he’ll go for Airplane or Helicopter first.

Peter has been on a long, winding road to his Instrument Rating, but finally realized his dream today. But even the home stretch was tough, having completed his oral exam two weeks ago, but getting thwarted by icing that day and on one other attempt. But today was gorgeous and he completed the task.

Great job, Bill and Peter!

HalpinBill_CommMEL_Pilot_web.jpg

Hessedal_Peter_InstrAirplane_web.jpg

http://www.mnaviationpro.com/2013/11/23/a-two-fer-day-congrats-to-bill-halpin-and-peter-hessedal/

Is that your Aztec?

No, it's a very good friend's Apache with the Geronimo conversion, which includes bigger engines (O-360), the third window and a bunch of aerodynamic clean-ups (longer nose, sloped windshield, square tail/dorsal fin, gear doors, etc.)

She's a great little flying machine.

No, it's a very good friend's Apache with the Geronimo conversion, which includes bigger engines (O-360), the third window and a bunch of aerodynamic clean-ups (longer nose, sloped windshield, square tail/dorsal fin, gear doors, etc.)

She's a great little flying machine.

I don't feel so bad that I mistook it for an Aztec!

My dad had an Apache with the Geronimo conversion. Loved the cargo space in the nose for the fishing gear.....

Back