A True Patriot

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Hold on a minute while George says a bit on the subject.

:cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3GgoLtlWk

Heh george played in a little small performing arts center a few months back. I missed the timezone and showed up an hour and a half late, they let me hang around in the concession area for a minute since the show was only a couple of songs away from ending.

Heh george played in a little small performing arts center a few months back. I missed the timezone and showed up an hour and a half late, they let me hang around in the concession area for a minute since the show was only a couple of songs away from ending.

If you like country music and small venues then here is a doozy.

Johnny and June played a show around the corner. It was a rainy night in Michigan about 1992. My girlfriend and I saw the show and brought our guitars hoping to get them signed.

After the show we fetched our guitar cases and ran out back in the rain. A cop stopped us short of the tour bus and told us that we couldn't pass. After some whining on our part he let us through but told us to behave.

When we got to the bus I knocked on the door and the drummer answered. He was rather surly as expected and told us that John and June don't take uninvited guests. Then the boss spoke up. John asked him what we wanted and he said to have guitars signed.

Let them in, said Johnny.

Soaking wet in the rain I went first. I pulled my guitar from its case and climbed the stairs into the bus. I just about passed out when I saw Johnny. He was quick and to the point. He strummed my guitar a few times, said it sounded good, and signed it. That was that. I went back in the rain feeling like I had experienced something and put my guitar back in its case That is the manly side of the story.

Here is the girl side. It's better.

My girlfriend took her guitar aboard the bus and also got Johnny's autograph. Then she did something that apparently few people did. She also asked June for her autograph. June was so elated she was beside herself with laughter.

June said, "Bless you, Sweetheart. Nobody asks for my autograph anymore."

Those acts of kindness between those two ladies are burned into my soul.

God Bless Country Music.

bartmc, Rusty Shackleford, whatever the **** your real name is:

Next time you want to make fun of country folk pop your head the **** out of your ass before you make a wiseass post.

Cool?

Music is art, art is beauty and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I wonder if I could wander into my local big city art museum and rip down all the paintings, crumple them up behind the Coke machine and replace them with some finger paintings I've made.

The guys a nit wit to be pitied. Not a patriot.

Next time you want to make fun of country folk pop your head the **** out of your ass before you make a wiseass post.

Cool?

WTF are you talking about? You sure you responded to the right person?

Last edited:

Cool?

grandma-scared.gif

Yeah, I'm a little confused as someone who has owned a Cal Smith CD for years.. That puts me squarely into the "country folk" category. :rofl:

I also consider myself a country music fan. (Classic country that is, not Taylor Swift. That's pop, not country)

George Jones
Marty Robbins
Willie Nelson
Johnny Horton....etc

Back