A trip down memory lane .

That was fantastic, thanks for posting it. I loved the Hawker taking off of the grass runway!

That's all GA needs to get back on track - grass fields right at the destination.

If there was any space left for grass fields... I've always thought the airport right next to the Atlanta Motor Speedway was how things should be done.

I liked that the jockeys could land on the racecourse. Haha. Imagine the hand wringing about that today.

That's what people do now, only the aircraft are different.

But I think they were stretching things a bit to say that piston twin (Apache?) was quiet enough for the secretary to take dictation. :D

I need a pilot for the 182 to load up coffee and biscuits, so I can have "Elevensies".

But I think they were stretching things a bit to say that piston twin (Apache?) was quiet enough for the secretary to take dictation. :D
That was a '60 Aztec, the first year built. The '60 and '61 Aztecs had the short Apache nose.

Interesting that boss & secretary rode in the last row, leaving the middle row empty. Innocent, I'm sure ...

:wink2:

It still cracks me up to see how people dressed up in suits to fly back then.

I think I've flown in a suit once, and that's only because I had to immediately head to the airport from a business trip and didn't have time to change.

I guess flying back then was "special". How times have changed.

Back